Old Friends, Part 11: Spare parts

Mark opened the airlock to the Shoulder of Orion, and the ship's hologram stood before them, "Welcome to my humble abode." Rommie laughed, "What are you like?" The hologram blinked out, and Orion led the way to command. A Than sat in the pilots chair, but came sharply to attention when the others entered. Mark made the introductions, "This is Whisper of the Wind, our pilot. Whisper, this is Rommie, Avatar of the Andromeda Ascendant. Her Captain, Dylan Hunt, her first officer Beka Valentine, and Trance Gemini, her environmental officer."

Whisper bowed, "It is an honour to meet you Captain Hunt: Refractions of Dawn was one of my ancestors." Dylan smiled sadly, "She was a good officer and pilot. I miss her." Whisper nodded, and went back to the controls. Mark turned to Orion, "Will you please show our guests around while I see to loading the cargo." Orion nodded, and Mark walked off. Orion turned to Andromeda's crew, "Well, what would you like to see first?" Dylan shrugged, "Do you have any spare parts you could spare?" Orion smiled, "Walk this way."

Orion led them down several corridors, finally stopping outside a door marked `Drop Ship Maintenance'. The hatchet opened, revealing a darkened room. Orion snapped his fingers, and the lights came on: the room was the size of a hanger deck, and was stacked floor to sealing with crates. Beka was taken aback, "Wow!" Orion handed Rommie a flexi sheet, "This is the manifest. We where carrying spears for North and Emma when they where killed. No one else needed them, and as they only fit High Guard ships, we couldn't sell them." Rommie scanned the flexi, "You could almost build a Group Defence Frigate with all of this!"

Orion nodded, "I've only used a fraction of it to keep myself running over the years. Technically it belongs to Mark and Mary, but I'm sure that they will let you take what you need." Orion turned to Dylan, "Mark has always dreamed of the Systems Commonwealth being re-built. He knew he'd never be able to do it himself: that's why he agreed to come all this way to meet you."

All of a sudden, Rommie collapsed. 

TBC

Next

Chapter Index