Old Friends, Part 10: Green-eyed Tyr

Rommie and Orion walked into command, and Rommie turned to Dylan, "Don't make me do that again. EVER!" Dylan looked sheepish, "I'm sorry. I didn't know." Rommie glared at him, making Orion laugh. Rommie turned at him, her eyes narrowing, "What's so funny?" Orion struggled to control himself, "You: you haven't changed one bit." Tyr shook his head, muttering.

Mark's wrist-com bleeped. He looked at it, then turned to Dylan, "I'm sorry, but I have to go: we have a cargo to load. You are all welcome to come have a look round my ship if you like." Dylan nodded, smiling, "That would be nice. Andromeda, tell Beka and Trance that we've been invited over to the Shoulder of Orion, and if they want to come they should meet us at the airlock." The hologram nodded and blinked out. Tyr crossed his arms; "I'll stay here and keep an eye on our `guest'." Dylan shrugged, "That's up to you." He led the others out of command.

Back in the conduit, Harper and Mary lay on the deck, smiling. Mary propped herself up on one arm, "Well Seamus, you really are good with your hands." Harper blushed, "You're not that bad yourself." He turned to look her in the eye, "Why me?" Mary looked down at him, "As is: why not someone else?" Harper nodded. Mary brushed a strand of hair from across her face, "Well, you make me laugh, you're smart, very good with your hands, and you're not that bad looking." She kissed him, "I'm willing to bet that your quarters are more comfortable than this. Let's go"

Tyr sat in the pilots chair, brooding, "Of all the people to choose from: Harper?" Andromeda's hologram appeared before him, "I take it you are referring to Miss McCoy by that statement?" Tyr nodded, "She has Kodiak DNA in her. Do you have any idea what the chances of two carriers of my prides DNA meeting like this is?" Andromeda's image appeared on the main screen, "10-trillion, 47-billion." Tyr raised a hand to stop her, "I was speaking figuratively. Has she no-idea how important it is to keep that DNA alive?" Andromeda smirked, "Well, well, well Mr Anasazi, I do believe you are jealous of Harper." Andromeda's hologram smiled, "Oh he's jealous all right." Tyr seat bolt upright, "Engage privacy mode!"

Andromeda giggled as she disappeared.

TBC

Next

Chapter Index