The best doughnout balls or lardy cakes are fried in lard. That's why they are
called smoutebollen in Belgium and in The Netherlands, where they
use frying oil, oliebollen.
- 500 gr flour
- 25 gr yiest
- 3 ½ dl tepid milk
- 250 gr raisins, washed, soaked and dried
- 2 chopped apples
- bit of salt
- powdered sugar
- put the flour and the salt in a bowl and make a little pit in the
- dissolve the yiest in a bit of milk and pour it in the pit. After a while,
pour the rest of the milk in and mix .
- add the raisins and the chopped apples. Now mix very well.
- put a moist cloth over the bowl and let it rise for 45 minutes at room
- heat the frying oil to 175 C.
- use two spoons to make small balls from the dough and drop them into the
- put them on a plate and powder them with the sugar.
Back to main