||John Thomas Wilder
1401 West Paces Ferry Rd.
Atlanta, GA 30327
To obtain a rewarding position in intermodal transportation that will utilize my knowledge and expertise in order to maintain my professional growth while contributing to the overall success of my company.
- Extensive management experience in Latin American marine operations
- Semi-fluency in Spanish, German, and Chinese languages
- Broad knowledge of software/hardware including PC support, assembly, and troubleshooting as well as DOS, Windows 95/NT, OS2 Warp, UNIX, HTML
- Experience with SQL reports, database management, and EDI
Sr. Export Coordinator, Sumitrans January- April, 2000 Atlanta, GA
- Served as senior export coordinator for NVOCC and freight forwarder by arranging, managing, and monitoring all intermodal transport of a wide range of hazardous/ non-hazardous and dry/frozen commodities via truck, rail or vessel from U.S. inland points to Far East and Europe.
- Handled all documentation related to movement of cargo including Bills of
Lading, Letters of Credit, Shipper’s Export Declarations, and various export
certificates, permits or licenses.
- Responsible for drafting of payment vouchers, and defraying of all invoices
associated with movement of cargo under my accounts.
- Created sales and purchase memos which were submitted for approval to Tokyo
headquarters after cargo reached destination.
- Required to serve as customer service representative for all my individual accounts in order to give the highest quality of customer care.
Export Coordinator, Gold Kist May- Present, 1999 Atlanta, GA
- Coordinated with internal company traders to determine optimal export markets,
most efficient modes of transport, and product availability at cold storages
from all twelve poultry processing plants.
- Responsible for planning, arranging, managing at every stage all truck, vessel,
and rail traffic of product from freezers to international destination.
- Invoiced all transport expenditures to accounting and worked jointly with finance
to determine export scheduling based on opening of Letters of Credit and other
terms of sale.
- Instructed and assisted freight forwarder in processing ocean Bills of Lading.
- Responsible for maintaining positive relations with truck and ocean carriers in
order to facilitate movement of product, reduce land ocean tariffs, and maintain
Port Superintendent, APL 1997-1999 Atlanta, GA
- Managed entire port operations and vessel services as well as cargo movement
associated with five water ports in five countries in Latin America
- Supervised, evaluated, and graded Latin American agents to ensure Key
Processing Indicators were being performed in an accurate and timely manner
- Coordinated with agents all water imports/exports including manifesting of all documentation to customs, port authority, and other pertinent local authorities.
- Monitored and regulated yard inventories including verification of cargo delivery and the tracking of damaged and/or delinquent boxes and chassis.
- Ran , analyzed, and tested mainframe reports to ensure EDI was operating properly for Latin America, and reported technical problems to programmers.
- Collaborated with Logistics to create supply chain models using PRS/CALS
- Created and ran SQL reports from mainframe database using Monarch/ETC/AVS
- Created and maintained vessel log matrix on the NT server from which all logistical, operational, and financial projections were made.
- Used Walker accounting software to accrue, approve, and report all actual costs
Assistant Manager, Electronics Boutique 1994-1997 Tallahassee, FL
- Performed point-of-sale transactions, completed daily inventory reports, created daily financial reports, and deposited total revenues at end of business day
- Assisted store patrons with all software and hardware inquiries or problems
- Trained all new employees and created weekly work schedules for staff
Administrative Assistant, Valencia College 1991- 1993 Orlando, FL
- Served as administrative assistant in typing official correspondence on behalf of the Director including extensive use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Organized and planned all on-campus events, activities and campaigns for the Director of Student Resources including hosting visiting professors and speakers
- Given responsibility for all on-campus news, publications and advertisements via newsletters, posters, kiosks, and marquis