[PROTEL EDA USERS]: Re: Simple Macros

Hello Everyone,

Further to the recent discussion regarding creating macros in Protel 99SE,
we noticed that a couple of questions remained unanswered.

In regards to the first question: How can I access component text from a
macro script?

According to the current PCB processes help file, it is not possible to
extract designator / comment text of a component object on a current PCB
document using a macro script in Protel 99 SE. This can only be done by
writing a server and querying the PCB API using the SDK.

And the second question: How can I find a way to move down and up processing
the list of primitives from the browser window?

The processing of primitives in a browser window is normally done internally
within the PCB editor. It is not exposed through processes, with the
exception of three processes. These are the FirstComponent, Next Component
and Previous Component processes, which are used to go to the first, next or
previous component in the current library document when in the PCB Library
Editor. These processes can be automatically run through macros or by
writing a server.

Best regards,

Customer Service Centre
Protel International Limited