[PROTEL EDA USERS]: Orcad and PADs file conversions

Greetings,

I recently purchased a development system from ZFLinux corporation for
their MachZ chip.  It comes with schematics and board files, in Orcad
9.2 and PADs PCB 3.0.

I thought I would be able to pull these into Protel, but neither one
will come in.  The Orcad importer barfs with the ubiquitous "Dirty
Cache" message, and wants me to bring it up in Orcad and clean the
cache.  I don't have Orcad 9.2, and it won't load in 9.0.

The PADs file importer generates an enormous list of errors, and I
can't begin to guess what's wrong with that process, it just doesn't
work.  I have sent these files to Protel, and they can't help.

So... Does anyone out there have these newer versions of these lessor
tools, and would anyone with them be willing to read these files in and
export them as older versions and/or clean the cache or whatever?  I
already begged ZFLinux, and although many users have complained about
this, they are apparently unwilling to do anything about it.

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.  If you can help, e-mail
me (not through the list) at nystrom@teleport.com and I'll get you the
files.

Regards,
Pat Nystrom