RE: [PROTEL EDA USERS] Access Violation after Autoplacment

 Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:
[...]
> What would be *really* nice would be a command that would automatically
> move designators inside the component space (i.e., within the extents
> defined by the pads and silkscreen). If this were available
> (is there an easy way to do this?), there would be no need to fix the
> autoplacement routines on this account.
>
> (type strings should also be included in such a command).

there was such a routine in Protel2.8, I remember. In Default Primitives,
one could assign where the strings were placed. Centered, top or bottom
justified. This was to be executed when the netlist was imported the first
time. I used this always to center both designator and comment.

Heiko