The Outsiders Quiz
By Mr. Fitch
1. Ponyboy had two brothers in his family.
2. The brother in charge of running the household is Darry.
3. When the greasers & socs fight they call it a rumble.
4. The main character was only 15 in the book.
5. Johnny was Ponyboy's best friend without a doubt.
6. The greasers lived on the west side of town.
7. Ponyboy was not the protagonist of the novel.
8. Sodapop was not fond of Mickey Mouse.
9. was a high school drop out.
10. Bob belonged to the greasers gang all along.
11. Ponyboy found it easier to talk to Darry than to Sodapop.
12. Steve was the soc who always avoided the rumbles.
13. Johnny killed Bob defending his friend while they were jumped.
14. The greasers had two spies that provided them with information.
15. Ford's Mustang cars in the book were seen as being tuff.
16. Dally told Ponyboy & Johnny not to hide in the church.
17. After the fight Bob told the two greasers to hide in Windrixville.
18. Ponyboy and Johnny hid in a dank, dingy barn in Windrixville.
19. Johnny bleached his hair in the church to disguise himself.
20. Ponyboy & Johnny think their cigarettes probably started the church fire.
21. Tim Shepherd saved the Curtis' house when it caught fire.
22. Unlike most greasers, the youngest Curtis was relatively academic & good at school.
23. Only a leather jacket and ten dollars were given to Johnny and Ponyboy.
24. All the Curtis boys were highly academic students in school.
25. Out of all the characters, Darry loved to read the most.
26. Johnny wanted to see his mom at the hospital.
27. Dally had never been in jail, he was a lawful youth.
28. Dally died before Johnny in the story.
29. Two-bit was the wise-cracking member of the gang.
30. The novel's narrator was Steve.
31. This novel's genre can be classified as horror fiction.
32. S.E. Eloise was the author of the Outsiders.
33. At the end of the novel we are shown that the two gangs had more in common than what was first thought.