Words from the Book
Words and their meanings
- SLAY. To kill
- BLOODWRATH. Killing rage that comes upon badger warriors.
- DARK FOREST. The afterlife
- DRYDITCH FEVER. Sickness accompanied with high fever, weakness, and chills. Caused an epidemic at Redwall. The only known cure is the Flowers of Icetor, found in the north mountains
- FLOWERS OF ICETOR. The only known cure for Dryditch Fever. Found only in the north mountains
- GUOSIM or (GUOSSSOM). Guerilla Union of Shrews in Mossflower. Their leader is called Log-a-Log. They are skilled at handling river craft and good cooks but are very argumentive. In a meeting, only the person who hold the Blackstone may speak
- LONG PATROL. Elite fighting force of hares at Salamandastron
- REDWALL ABBEY. Large red sandstone structure located between Mossflower woods and the main north road. Surrounded by tall walls. Major areas within the walls are: the gatehouse, bell tower, orchard, pond, Great Hall, Cavern Hole, infirmary, cellar, kitchens, Warbeak Loft. Built from red sandstone from a quarry north-east of the abbey. Founded by Abbess Germaine of Loamhedge and Martin the Warrior.
- RIVER MOSS. Runs from north-east of Redwall Abbey, north of the abbey, and empties into the ocean north of Salamandastron. Pikes live in the ford where the river crosses the North Path
- SALAMANDASTRON. Extinct volcano that has been made into a fortress to guard the seashore. Generations of Badger Lords have ruled the mountain, with the help of the hares of the Long Patrol