Homework will be assigned two or three times a week. If a student is absent the day homework is assigned, he/she is responsible for the missed homework. Homework is due no later than the due date assigned by the teacher. If the student is absent, homework is due no later than two days after the student returns to school (unless different arrangements are made with the teacher).
Late homework will NOT be accepted. Exceptions will be made on a case by case basis.
Homework must be written in blue or black pen on looseleaf paper. The correct heading must be on the top, right-hand corner:
LAST NAME, FIRST NAME - (Example: Smith, John)
DATE - (Example: August 16, 2004)
ASSIGNMENT - (Example: p. 34 – Chap.1 Review)
FIRST QUARTER HOMEWORK:
- Tuesday 8/24 - Complete a Current Events Report Form for a selected article. Due Thursday, 8/26.
- Monday, 8/30 - Complete Chapter 1, Section 2, on the Chapter 1 study guide. Due Wednesday, 9/1.
- Wednesday 9/1 - Complete Chapter 1, Section 3, on the Chapter 1 study guide. Due Friday, 9/3. Due to Hurricane Frances, this homework is now due Friday, 9/10.
- Monday, 9/13 - Study for the Chapter 1 vocabulary quiz scheduled for Tuesday, 9/14. Study for the Chapter 1 test scheduled for Wednesday, 9/15.
- Monday, 9/20 - Complete writing exercise "What America Means to Me" (in celebration of Freedom Week). Due Wednesday, 9/22.
- Wednesday, 9/22 - Read p. 37 through p. 42 in textbook and complete Section 1 of the Chapter 2 study guide. Due Friday, 9/24.
- Monday, 9/27 - Read p. 43 through p. 49 in textbook and complete Section 2 of the Chapter 2 study guide. Due Wednesday, 9/29.
- Wednesday, 9/29 - Read p. 50 through p. 55 in textbook and complete Section 3 of the Chapter 2 study guide. Due Friday, 10/1.
Back to Main Page