1. Never awake a sleeping hamster. I need enough sleep for my health and beauty.
2. Hamsters need enough room for
their nightly activities. I have a glasscage of 24 x 32 inches (60 x 80
cm) and a ladder to leave it. I have a big room (10 x 10 feets or 3 x 3
m) to run and climb over night and in the morning I go back into my cage
where I have my little hamsterhouse to sleep over day. So I even don't
need a hamsterwheel.
3. Pay attention that no cat has access to my room.
Also schould there be no high object (more than 1 foot/30 cm) where I could climb up and fall down. I have rather thin bones.
4. Hamsters need animal proteins. I like most a little spoon of strawberry or hazelnut yoghurt twice a week or a bit of cheese. Other hamsters may like dryed scampis, ham, curd or meal worms. Don't give me more than I can eat at once. I shouldn't store it.
5. Don't bath me. Indeed I can swim but I don't like it and I could catch a cold. Besides I'm a selfclearing pet!