Capitol High School in the pre-automobile days of Detroit on Griswold St. Built in 1828 and was the state capitol from 1837 to when the capital was moved to Lansing in 1847. The building was then converted into a high school. It burned down in 1893 and the area became Capitol Park.Click the pic for a larger view. Thanx to Wayne State University for this pic.