Hamtramck City Hall. This building was originally St. Francis Hospital, which was originally named Hamtramck Municipal Hospital when it opened in 1927. It became Hamtramck City Hall in 1969. The city was planning to close the building and move operations to the Department of Public Works building, but now the City Hall building is currently enjoying a needed restoration. Click the pic for more City Hall.