The Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses
1. Both the Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses believe that they are the one true church.
2. The Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses have one church leader. The Roman Catholic Church has the Pope whom they claim is an apostolic succession from Peter who "holds the keys to heaven". The Jehovah's Witnesses have the President who rules with an iron hand.
3. The Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses believe that their baptism in necessary for salvation. The Roman Catholic Church is born again not by their faith but through water initiation into the Roman Catholic Church. The Jehovah's Witness is baptized into the organization after a period of study, knocking on doors, attending meeting and answering questions. After proving their loyalty, they are then baptized in the name of the Jehovah's Witnesses and must submit to them only.
4. The Roman Catholic Church and Jehovah's Witnesses base their salvation on a complicated system of works and deny salvation by faith alone.
5. Both Christian cults deny the Biblical view of the Atonement. The Roman Catholic church doctrine dictates that one must go to Purgatory to have his sins purged, Jesus just paved the way. The Jehovah's Witnesses are much like the Roman Catholics in their teachings. Jesus paved the way to salvation but we must earn it through our works.
6. The Roman Catholic Church claims visions and apparitions in an effort to add false doctrine. The Jehovah's Witness founder, Charles Taze Russell was considered a prophet and "the Laodicean Messenger". The Watchtower Society claims that God used angels to communicate with their organization.
7. The Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses believe the Bible cannot be understood today without their interpretation.
8. The Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses forbid the use of the Bible alone.
9. *The Jehovah's Witnesses used Jesuits and Roman Catholic manuscripts to aid in the translation of the New World Translation.
10. Both the Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses have a history of sexual abuse and child molestation activity in their organization.
11. Both church organizations believe that leaving their church will result in eternal damnation.
12. The Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses were in secret support of
Hitler and the hatred for the Jews.
13. The Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses base some of their doctrine on pagan traditions. For The Roman Catholic Church the traditions of a goddess, rosary, pope, relics, purgatory, transubstantiation (Egyptian sun god), praying to dead people, and idol worship are all based on paganism. The Jehovah's Witnesses included a symbol of the Egyptian sun god, the zodiac sign, and pyramidology in it's doctrinal structure and teachings.
14. The Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses have changed Bible verses to teach their doctrine.
The Roman Catholic Church formed it's changes in the Vulgate:
Genesis 3:15 "He will crush your head" was changed to "She will......" This was to get the RC members to believe that Mary was our Savior as opposed to Christ.
Genesis 14:18 Melchizedek was said to have "sacrificed" bread and wine. The church changed this to bring in the transubstantiation concept.
John 14:26 said the Holy Spirit "will reveal whatever (Jesus) will say" to His church, rather than "did say." This was to support tradition.
Jehovah's Witnesses use the New World Translation (NWT). Some of the perversions:
John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." NASB The New World Translation: "the word was a god".
Colossians 2:9 "For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form," NASB The New World Translation: "divine quality" instead of Deity. The verses are twisted to take away the Deity of Christ.
Philippians 1:23 "But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better; NASB New World Translation: "what I do desire is the releasing and the being with Christ," This verse is twisted to promote soul sleeping.
Genesis 9:4 "Only you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood." NASB
Leviticus 17:26-27 "You are not to eat any blood, either of bird or animal, in any of your dwellings. Any person who eats any blood, even that person shall be cut off from his people.''' NASB The verses are twisted to deny blood transfusions.
15. The Roman Catholic Church and the Jehovah's Witnesses deny that Christ is the Mediator for all men. The Roman Catholic Church includes Mary as a Mediatrix or CO-mediator. The Jehovah's Witnesses teach that Jesus is the Mediator for the 144,000 only. The rest are out of luck.
Evangelism to Roman Catholics
Evangelism to Jehovah's Witnesses