THE ALLISON FAMILY
- ANDREW ALLISON b. 1835 d. 1878
- WILLIAM ALLISON b. Jan. 30, 1837 d. Dec. 24, 1909
- MARGARET ALLISON b. June 26, 1839 d. May 4, 1913
- JOHN ALLISON b. 1845 d. Sept. 7, 1897
The above were all born in Antrim County, Ireland. In 1863, the boys
came to the United States settling in Haverstraw, New York, on the banks
of the Hudson River.
Margaret Allison was married to Robert Barkley in Ireland in December
of 1858. They had three children, born in Ireland.... John, Andrew and
Sarah. In the fall of 1865, Margaret and Robert Barkley with their three
children came to the United States. It is reported that John and Andrew
paid the way for their namesakes and that the crossing was a stormy one
and took 19 days.
Approximately ten years later, Andrew, John and the Barkley family
moved to Michigan and settled northwest of Albion in Sheridan Township.
William Allison remained in New York State.
William Allison was born in Antrim County, Ireland and when coming to
America settled in Haverstraw, New York, on the banks of the Hudson River.
He married Mary ______ (also known as Molly). They had either 12 or 15
Rachel married George Jobson.
- Rachel Martha
- Sarah Louise
- Nellie Carrie
- Jennie Margaret
- Agnes Mary
- Thomas John
Sarah married Charlie Benson.
- Children Arthur Ethel Harry
- John Grace Agnes
- Bert Bessie Nellie
Nellie married George Topping
Jennie married Uhl Mitch Austin
- Children: Bessie (nurse in Haverstraw)
- Mildred Hoke
Agnes married James King.
- Children: John Louie Edna
Thomas Allison married May ______
- Children: John Willie Frank
Martha married Frank Hardenburgh.
Louise married Oscar Okley.
- Children: Mary (or May) Eva
Note: Carrie (Caroline) visited in Michigan with Byron Springstead.
- children: Caroline Walter
Carrie married Byron Springstead.
Margaret married Henry Mackey.
- children: Milton Howard Edith
John married Kate _____.
- children: Lillie Olive James
- Allison Griffith Mary
- children: John Edna Kate
Andrew Allison married Agnes Boyd in Troy, New York. She was b.Jan. 1,
Emma Allison married Marion Miller No children
- Children: Emma b. 1876 d. June 1927
- Aggie b. Sept. 18, 1874 d. May 1953
Aggie Allison never married
- Stepchildren: Roland Howard Nita Joel Helen
Agnes Boyd Allison later married Donaldson Creps Oct. 9, 1879
She married Robert Barkley b. in Scotland d. Dec. 2
married in Ireland Dec. 1858
John L. married Ellen M. McCutcheon. 1 son Weldon
- Children: John L. Andrew Sarah James Agnes Helen
- Margaret Elizabeth Martha
Andrew married Jane Liveston. Children: Robert Susan
James married Elma Devinney 1 son Warren
- Children: Robert Susan
- RUssell William
Agnes married a man named Mathews 1 daughter Nellie
Helen married Ward Schultz
- Children: Kenneth Mildred Leonard
Margaret married Arthur Johnson 1 daughter Jessie,
Mr Johnson died young. she later married Elwin Miller, 1 daughter Ruby
Elizabeth married Olivia Osmun. children: Margaret Lawrence
Martha married Valentine Osmun. 1 daughter Hazel
John married Sarah K. Edwards Dec. 27, 1866 in Rockland County, NY.
She was born in Orange Co., Newburg, NY Oct. 18, 1846 d. July 5, 1901
- Andrews A. Allison Haverstraw, NY Jan. 7, 1868
- Aggie Allison Haverstraw, NY May 7, 1869 d.Feb. 1, 1891
- William A. Allison Haverstraw, NY Aug. 13, 1870 d.Dec. 2, 1943
- Jane (Janey) Allison Albion, MI Mar. 25, 1875
- John Clinton Allison Albion, MI June 19, 1879
- Mary Etta Allison Albion, MI July 17, 1881
- Mary Jane Allison Albion, MI July 24, 1872
- David Allison Albion, MI Dec. 23, 1873
DESCENDANTS OF JOHN AND SARAH EDWARDS ALLISON
Andrews A. Allison married Fan M. Cook (b.June 1, 1872) on June 2, 1890
Marian Elizabeth Allison
- children: Marian Elizabeth b. Aug. 12, 1895 d.Aug. 9, 1968
- Ruth E. b. Mar. 8, 1900
- Lina b. Oct. 5, 1898 d.Apr. 4,
- William J. (Bud) b. Mar. 3, 1909 d. Feb. 12, 1979
- Leona b. Oct 11, 1905
Elmer C. Bihl b. Sept. 22, 1893 d. Nov. 20, 1963
Married Feb. 1, 1917
One son John E. b. Oct 19, 1925 (always called Jack)
Frank Hogelan b. Mar. 6, 1899 d. Feb. 19, 1973
married July 9, 1915
William J. Allison (always called Bud)
Virginia M. Will b. Mar. 3, 1919
Married Dec. 1, 1945
Ruth E. Allison
Ernest J. Costin b. Jul. 31, 1898
Married Feb. 1, 1921
One daughter: Betty M. b. Nov. 12, 1922
Robert S. Bowman b. Nov. 5, 1922
Married Dec. 27, 1947
Children: Douglas R. Mark L.
Douglas R. Bowman
Debra G. Shelton b. May 28, 1950
Married Jan 9, 1971
Mark L. Bowman
- Children: Candi b. May 2, 1973
- Wesley b. Apr. 2, 1976
Holly Murray b.Dec.28, 1954>br>
Married Oct. 1, 1977