So You Wanna Be a DELTA?!?!?!
The Other Side of GREEK LIFE!!!
When considering membership into a sorority or fraternity there are several things you should be thinking about:
Why Do You Want To Be Greek?
- There is more to Delta (and any Black Greek Letter Organization for that matter) than stepping, party hopping, throwing up a symbol, or doing an organization's call. If any of these are reasons why you want to be in a fraternity or sorority, you should stop reading now.
SERVICE NOT SOCIAL!!!
- Delta Sigma Theta is a Public Service Organization. This means that Delta is looking for members who are to service, who are scholars, and who hold the true meaning of sisterhood in their hearts. When we say we want those commited to public service, that does not mean someone who has only started doing community service because they want to participate in the intake process. Commited means that you have shown a consistent pattern of dedicating your time and energy to other people, not only in your hometown, but in Orangeburg and on campus as well. Even though Orangeburg is a small town, there is still much to be done to help this community.
QUANTITY AND QUALITY!!!
- Yes, Alpha Xi is a large chapter, as are many of the chapters of Delta. In fact, Alpha Xi is the largest chapter of Delta Sigma Theta in the South Atlantic Region. But, don't let the size fool you. Along with quantity, there is also QUALITY. The ladies of Alpha Xi have many achievements to their credit, too many to even name here. The Alpha Xi Chapter was recently awarded the "Pearl Award" for the Highest GPA in the region at the South Atlantic Regional Conference. This is just one example of Alpha Xi's commitment to academic excellence.
- For more information on Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Please Read
- "In Search of Sisterhood: Delta Sigma Theta and the Challenge of the Black Sorority Movement"
- By: Soror Paula Giddings
- Published by Quill
- Publication Date: August 1, 1994
- ISBN: 0688135099
- List Price: $14.00 (Paperback)
Click to Return Home