DENNIS J. BALAZS JR.
To obtain a challenging position in logistics or distribution environment that will allow me the opportunity to apply my educational background and operations experience toward company growth.
Restaurant Service and Supply
Transportation Manager (11/06 – Present)
· Direct the activities of 40 bargaining unit employees, 1 supervisor and 4 clerks between multi shift operations.
outbound operations to various
maintain all applicable DOT regulations and files for all
· Review and improve delivery routing using MLSGPS and Roadshow software.
· Communicate with various departments to ensure all proper operational procedures are followed.
Transportation Supervisor (10/05-11/06)
· Schedule, load plan and route thirty company vehicles per day using Roadshow software.
· Hold monthly safety meetings and perform weekly rides to improve safety performance among company delivery drivers.
· Conduct driver orientations and training for new drivers and temporary drivers.
· Monitor all driver check in procedures.
Operations Supervisor (8/03-10/05)
· Supervise and direct the activities of bargaining unit employees in all phases of distribution operations.
· Train and develop new hires in order selection, inventory control and receiving utilizing RF gun applications.
· Monitor production levels using Red Prairie computer technology application.
· Assisted in the move and start up of three new company distribution centers
Present Lemont, IL
Host/Bar Manager (1999 to present)
· Supervise and direct the activities of ten to twenty restaurant employees.
· Cross train and develop employees for all restaurant departments.
· Utilize communication and time management skills by assisting in maintaining employee work schedules.
May 2001 Philips Electronics (Advance Transformer Co.)
May 2002 Electronic Product Management Intern
· Constructed a database and user interface for marketing communication requests.
· Created cross reference guides for the company product lines and its competitors.
· Developed web pages for the company internet site.
Bachelor of Science in Operations and Information Management, December 2001
Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL Information Systems emphasis
Overall GPA: 3.02/4.0
Business Information Technology Transfer Center Project, January 2001-May 2001
I contributed to a project that used Visual Basic and SQL Server (2000) to construct a database system that replaced a paper system. This new database serves over 50 people a day at Carpenters Place.
Roadshow Red Prairie HTML Windows NT/XP
MS Office Visual Basic ORACLE (SQL) AS 400
FrontPage MS Project MS Access C/C++
Will County Election Judge, November 1996 – Present
OMIS.org, August 2000-January 2002