Posted March 6, 2003
Posted February 26, 2002
Poated February 18, 2003
Posted February 18, 2003
Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne
Well, they've opened up the Beta forums for public viewing. Very interesting to be able to read the comments posted.
Another update on 3.5. Questions covered:
Other things I picked up while reading this article:
- Will skill descriptions state explicitly whether you can take 10 or 20?
- What other changes came about as a result of d20 Modern and d20 Star Wars?
- That wasn't very specific. Why are you being so stingy with information.
- Anything like that you can let us see right now?
- Manyshot is listed as a 'new' feat. Huh? It's listed in the Epic Level Handbook as a 'feat from another source'. Odd. I think it's a little different, though - the added penalty of -2 per arrow fired.
- "A ... ranger who has chosen the archery combat style..." This sounds good. Most Ranger revisions give the archer the choice of two-weapon fighting, or archery. Looks like they've finally incorporated it.
- Sounds like there's gonna be elements from Modern and Star Wars d20 in D&D. Josh hopes they'll do vitality points ala Star Wars; it's an interesting issues.
Warcraft 3: Expansion
The release date of The Frozen Throne is slated as Summer 2003.
Wizards released another Q&A Session about D&D 3.5. Questions covered this time around:
- Will existing characters be easily and instantly portable to 3.5 rules?
- Are any spells changing level?
- Will there be any new iconic characters? Will any of the old ones go away?
- Can we see this new character?