From the WWF Cookbook "Can you take the heat?", here are Team Extreme's favorite recipes!
1/4 lb. bacon, chopped
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
2 large garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
1 1/2 tbs. chili powder
1 4-oz. can diced green chilies
2 15- to 16-oz. cans black beans, drained and rinsed
2 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 16-oz. can diced, peeled tomatoes, undrained salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Cook the bacon in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat until light brown, about 10 minutes.
2. Add the onion and garlic and saute until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients. Simmer until the mixture is thick, stirring frequently, about 12 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepepr.
Makes 4 servings.
1 pint ripe strawberries, hulled and quartered
1 pint ripe blueberries
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons brown sugar
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons lemon extract
1 Entenmanns Fat Free golden loaf
1 container low-fat Cool Whip
1. Reserve a few berries for garnish. Combine the berries, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and lemon extract and stir until the sugar dissolves. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes, then refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Slice the loaf and spoon the berry mixture over it. Add a dollop or two of Cool Whip and top with one of the reserved berries.
¾ cup flour
¼ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 ½ pounds rib eye steaks
1 large beaten egg
¼ cup cooking oil
3 tablespoons drippings
1 ¼ cups milk
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
Dash of pepper
1. To make the steak combine the flour, paprika, salt, pepper, and seasoned salt.
2. Dip the steak first into the egg, then in the flour mixture, coating them thoroughly
3. In a 12-inch skillet, brown the meat in hot oil, turning once. Cover and cook over low heat for 40 minutes, or until tender.
4. For the gravy, remove the meat from the oil and pour off all but 3 tablespoons of the drippings. Add ¾ cup of the milk, flour, salt and pepper and stir until well combined. Cook over medium-low heat until bubbly and thickened and add the remaining ½ cup of milk. Cook 1-2 minutes more.