- ALICE B. TOKLAS
- The lesbian lover of Gertrude Stein and a
good friend of Pablo Picasso, she had a recipe for killer marijuana brownies.
- A compressed brick of marijuana, usually ranging in weight from
10 to 40 pounds.
- An Indian and Middle Eastern smoking mixture consisting of
pollen from marijuana flowers and ghee, an oily butter. In medieval
Arabia it also referred to a datura-based knockout potion.
- A joint rolled in the tobacco-leaf wrapper of a Phillies Blunt
- A water-cooled pipe for one smoker, often made of glass or
- A kilogram-sized slab or cube of compressed pot.
- The fresh or dried flowers of the female marijuana plant.
- BUDDHA STICK
- See Thai Stick.
- CANNABIS INDICA
- The scientific name for a species of marijuana plant, the Indian hemp plant.
- CANNABIS SATIVA
- Another species of marijuana, closely related to indica.
- A black Brazilian form of reefer, usually gummy and
compressed into bricks.
- A cone-shaped pipe made of clay, or sometimes of
fruit or vegetable rinds.
- The hip-hop term for high-quality or potent reefer.
- A joint of tobacco and marijuana combined.
- The most common type of grass on the black market.
- A 1960s and '70s term for joint; the word originated on the
baby-boomer kiddy show Romper Room, where the good children were called
- Any controlled substance, although it usually refers to heroin
or marijuana; also a hip-hop term for fine or good.
- DURBAN BROWN
- Marijuana from Natal Province in South Africa.
- A pound of pot.
- Hip-hop term for good, great, grand, dope, fine; having
an ample stash or supply of dope.
- 1940s slang for pot.
- Indian and Jamaican term for pot.
- Yellow pot from Acapulco in Mexico or Santa Marta Department
- Marijuana, weed, pot, etc.
- Smoking mixture that regionally varies, generally
based primarily on resin from substandard Middle Eastern or Indian marijuana.
- Cannabis stalks and stems, especially those used to make rope,
- Jamaican term for marijuana with Biblical connotations;
- A hashish waterpipe with four long stems to accommodate four
smokers at once; ref. the Caterpillar in Alice In Wonderland.
- IN CROWD
- Hipsters who throw secret parties for vipers only.
- JEFFERSON AIRPLANE
- Circa the 1940s and '50s, a term for a
roach-holder fashioned from a matchbook cover.
- 1930s and '40s slang for marijuana and marijuana-influenced
- 1960s term for a joint, referring either to LBJ or the
- A marijuana cigarette.
- Golden pollen hash from Morocco, Lebanon and
other Arab/Middle Eastern nations. It is said that "A puff of kif in the
morning makes a man as strong as 1,000 camels in the courtyard."
- Large Jamaican buds which can be sliced like a
loaf of bread and are shaped like a lamb's tail.
- The smokable flowers and leaves of the female cannabis
- The female cannabis plant. Male plants have almost no
active tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
- Marijuana; from Mezz Mezzrow, the legendary jazzman and Harlem
pot-dealer who turned on Louis Armstrong and other jazz greats during the
- 1930s and '40s slang for pot.
- NICKEL BAG
- Five dollars worth of pot, or any other street
- The purified and concentrated resin from hashish or
- An ounce of pot.
- A defoliant, toxic to humans as well as plants, that has
been sprayed on marijuana throughout the world since the '70s.
- PANAMA RED
- A potent strain of pot from Panama.
- Reefer, grass, cannabis.
- Term for pot dating back to the turn of the century, and
- The butt of a joint; it is strong because it catches and
concentrates the resin from the rest of the joint.
- ROPE DOPE
- Low-quality pot from leafy hemp.
- The flowering tops of seedless plants.
- Any sort of controlled substance.
- Aromatic sinsemilla, usually cultivated from the Afghani
variety of marijuana.
- Pot, reefer, tea, grass, etc.
- Jamaican term for a large, ice-cream-cone-shaped joint.
- (n.) A hidden cache of dope; (v.) to conceal
- Slang for maryjane, muggles, gage, etc.
- TEA PAD
- In Harlem in the '30s and '40s, an after-hours club where
pot was smoked and jazz music performed.
- The psychoactive cannabinoid in marijuana
that is responsible for the high.
- THAI STICK
- A delicious Thai variety of marijuana, usually wrapped
around thin bamboo splints or popsicle-stick slivers.
- THYME (OR OREGANO)
- Spices resembling marijuana in appearance,
frequently used to defraud customers.
- To inhale, or puff, from a joint of reefer.
- TWENTY AND FORTY
- Hip-hop term for a $20 bag of reefer and a
40-ounce bottle of malt liquor.
- TWIGS AND SEEDS
- The unsmokable leftovers from screening marijuana
before sale, or the stuff at the bottom of the bag after purchase.
- The drug-using sector of society.
- 1930s hipsters who frequented tea pads and smoked jive;
onomatopoeic from ssssssssst, the sound made by an inhaling
- Pot, weed, smoke, herb, etc.
- Very stoned, spaced-out, wasted, ripped, destroyed, wrecked,
intoxicated all to Hell and gone.
- A brand of rolling papers famous for the silhouette of a
bearded smoker on the label.