|What You Need
- Mitten (who has lost it's mate)
- Sock (that has been outgrown)
- Stuffing (old socks, scraps of felt, or torn up old
- Tacky glue
- 2 Wiggle eyes
- Gold or yellow felt
- Red felt
How To Make It
- Let the child stuff the mitten using old socks, fabric, or
felt scraps. Use a pencil to get the fabric up in the fingers of
the mitten. This is the turkey's feathers.
- Let the child stuff the sock until the stuffing reaches the
heel. This is the turkey's head and body.
- Push the end of the sock up inside the mitten.
- Bend the stuffed end of the sock so it looks like a head is
looking at you.
- Spread tacky glue on the back side of the turkey body and
then push against the palm of the mitten. (see picture)
- Let the child cut out the beak and feet out of gold felt,
and the wattle out of red.
- Tacky glue the beak, feet, wattle, and 2 eyes on the turkey.
- Let dry.
/ recipes / pictures /
/ gobble gobble /