Essays and Commentary on Contemporary Middle Eastern Issues (hereafter "ECCMEI") Legal Notice to Participants and Visitors.
1. The Author assigns to the ECCMEI the right to publish and distribute her/his manuscript and to create derivative works from said manuscript. The assignment shall be effective so long as ECCMEI is available on computer networks.
2. The Author(s) shall remain the sole owner of his/her manuscript. All articles published on ECCMEI are protected by copyright, which covers the exclusive rights to reproduce and distribute the article, all translation rights as well as the rights to publish the article in any other form (e.g. as printed version, off-line electronic form). No material published by ECCMEI may be reproduced photographically or stored on microfilm, in any printed form, in electronic data bases, video disks, etc., without first obtaining written permission from the author(s).
3. The Author may publish the manuscript in any other journal or medium but in any such subsequent electronic publication a notice that that manuscript was also published by ECCMEI would be appreciated but is not required.
4. Printouts may be made for personal, academic, reference, or teaching purposes only. Copying for general distribution, promotion, or resale is not generally permitted; in these cases, specific written permission must first be obtained from the copyright holder. Any distribution or publication of said paper by readers shall constitute an infringement of the Author's copyright.
5. The Author agrees to hold ECCMEI harmless for any unauthorized use of the article subsequent to its publication by ECCMEI in an electronic or other medium. Any distribution or publication of said article by readers of ECCMEI or others who obtain copies of it from the network or by any other means shall constitute an infringement of the Author's copyright.
6. The use of general descriptive names, trademarks, etc., in texts submitted and published by ECCMEI, even if not specifically identified, does not imply that these names are not protected by the relevant law and regulations.
7. The information presented on ECCMEI represents the opinions, beliefs, and perspectives of the author(s) and does not necessarily represent the opinions, beliefs, or perspectives of any other contributor or the staff of ECCMEI. Neither the authors, the editors, nor the publisher can accept any legal responsibility for any errors or omission that may be made or offense that might be taken. The publisher makes no warranty, express or implied, with respect to the material contained herein.
8. The ECCMEI reserves the right to refuse to publish any submission at its sole discretion.
9. The ECCMEI will refrain from any editing of content, style, or intent. However, it does reserve the right to insert appropriate HTML tags in any given text and/or to correct obvious typographical errors insofar as such editing does not interfere with the author(s) apparent intent.
10. All texts will be considered final upon submission and the ECCMEI reserves the right to refuse further alteration or editing of materials posted by the author(s). Requests for such post-publication editing will be handled on a case to case basis.
Posted December 8, 2001
Last changed December 11, 2001