Thomas E Willier Wedding

Sunday Morning, September 14, 1902

   Among the fall weddings was that of Miss Anna E. Arnold and Mr. T. E. Willier, which occured on Tuesday morning, September 9, at half past six at the church of the Immaculate Conception. The happy couple attended by groom, were met at the altar by Rev. Father Lily, who performed the beautiful and impresive marriage ceremony. Mrs. Con Shea presided at the organ, and a choir consisting of Miss Parker, Miss Simms and Mr. Murphy, rendered appropriate selections throughout the service.

    The bride looked dainty and sweet in a toilette of dark blue with hat and gloves ensuite, while her attendant was most becomingly gowned in dark red cloth, with hat and trimmings of white.

    At the conclusion of the service an elegant wedding breakfast was served at the home of the bride's father, George W. Arnold, 746 North Grant street to about thirty relatives and friends of the of the families.

    Included in the array of elegant presents, were a chest of silver from Messrs. W. Gosney, J. Hedges and H. B. McDaniel, a silver tea set from the family of the groom, a silver service from W. L. Arnold, a brother of the bride, a silver baking dish and table silver from James A. Arnold and George W. Arnold, Jr., also brothers of the bride. Besides several pieces of cut glass glass and China.

    Mr. and Mrs. Willier left at 9:45 for an extended trip. The going away gown was of mode cloth with hat and gloves to match.

   Mr. Willier is a rising young man, popular both in business and social circles, while the bride is an accomplished young lady and goes to her new home followed by the best wishes of a large circle of friends.

   The above article is courtesy of Bob Willier