To obtain a career that involves Computer Information Systems, Networks, and or Computer Technology.
Interpersonal : My interpersonal skills enable me to meet and work well with others. Teamwork is very important to me because it is an effective way to solve complex projects.
Communication: I have learned the importance of effective communication through work and personal experience. I have found that good documentation and planning can solve problems before they arise.
1992 – 1996 Cotopaxi High School Cotopaxi, CO 81223
Graduated Received Diploma
§ Received college credits for Electronics and History. I was also awarded a $2000 scholarship from Pueblo Community College
§ Received Industrial Technician award for welding experience.
§ GPA: 3.6
1998 – 2000 Pueblo Community College Pueblo, CO 81004
Associates Degree/Computer information Systems
· Received a Service Learning Award for technician repair
· Current GPA : 3.667
· CIS Major (Computer Information Systems)
· Area of Study: Local Area Networking (LAN)
· Received Associates of Applied Science Degree in Computer Science
Interests and activities
My interests include working with computers, electronics, and machinery.
Computer: I have taken courses on the following software; Lotus 123, Microsoft Works, Quatro Pro, Word Perfect, Microsoft Excel 97, Microsoft Word 97, Microsoft Access 97, Electronic Workbench 4.0, DOS, Basic, Gwbasic, Qbasic, Borland C++, Visual Basic, Windows 3.1, Windows 95/98, Windows NT, Unix/Linux, I am experienced in Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Terminal Server, Citrix Terminal Server, Windows Server 2003, Exchange Server 5.5, SQL Server 7.5 / 2000, Office 2003, Office XP, Microsoft Front Page 98/2000/2003, Microsft Project 98/2000/2003, Microsoft Visio 2003, Visual Manufacturing, Goldmine 6.5, HTML, Java. I have 5 years experience working with and setting up routers/gateways, switches/hubs for WAN’s and LAN’s. I have 7 years of on the job experience troubleshooting and repairing computer hardware and software.
Electronics: In High School I repaired electronic components such as TV’s, VCR’s, and Stereo’s. For 2 years I was a member of PCC’s Computer club at the Fremont County campus where I gained additional computer experience.
Work Ethic: I have experience in a large variety of jobs, which has taught me the importance of being an efficient and effective worker. In each job I was able to advance quickly and adapt to any changes.
1993 – 1997 Cotopaxi High School Cotopaxi, CO
§ Lawn and Gardening Upkeep of football field and grasses
§ Maintenance assistant
1996 – 1997 Geller Construction Inc. Salida, CO
§ Used compactors, bobcat, and garden tools for landscaping maintenance.
§ Painted walls and benches and installed insulation for new gym.
1998 – 2000 Ideal Fun Center Canon City, CO
§ Repair/Rebuild AMF 8230 pinspotters and parts
§ Duties include lane maintenance, register/credit card machine operation/programming, and maintenance on the building and property of Business.
§ I have achieved a level of A -Mechanic for AMF 8230 Pinspotters and have been given 7 raises. My wages are $6.50/hour.
1999 – 2001 Katieco Computers Canon City, CO
· I troubleshoot and repair computers and computer software. Operating Systems include MS Dos 6.0 to Windows 2000 plus Windows NT.
· Wages: $7.00/hour – Wages for Service Calls: $10.00/hour
· My Duties as Network Administrator include daily backups of databases
And critical documents and files which includes taking backups offsite.
· Troubleshooting Hardware and Software issues.
· Troubleshooting Network Issues both WAN and LAN.
· Setting up wireless/wired Computer Hardware and Software.
· Keeping Antivirus, Anti-Spyware, Anti-spam programs updated.
· Editing and Updating Portec’s web site.
· Traing users on how to use computers and software.
· Creating an Inventory system which includes a wiring diagram of every computer related device, its location, and detailed information about it.
· Purchasing and creating Capital Expenditure Reports for acquiring new products and consumables.
· 24-hour Technical support for users.
· Wages: $13.10/hour
Occupation Years Known
David Hemming Electronics/Computer Teacher 12
631 Rudd, Canon City CO 81212
Phone Number (719) 275-6564
Larry Coleman Retired 12
0495 CR 47, Howard CO 81233
Phone Number (719) 942-3543
Karen Predovich CHS Counselor 12
1726 Sherman Ave.
Phone Number (719) 275-9249