Street Defense and Personal Protection
How is USP training different?
- SITUATIONAL TRAINING. Courses are held in realistic surroundings not the artificial environment of a well lit dojo or gym. One training module is in a studentís home setting (living room, kitchen, backyard and garage). Another is held in shopping malls, streets and parking lots. Other training is conducted in local parks and recreation areas
- THE SITUATION DETERMINES THE TECHNIQUE. You learn techniques from JuJitsu, Judo, Karate, Escrima and Kickboxing depending on the situation. Only techniques which work are presented without the time and effort of practicing katas (routines), learning about martial arts philosophies, or conditioning those body parts which may never be used in a street or home confrontation. Therefore, our training modules are measured in weeks, rather than years.
- FULL CONTACT TRAINING. We minimize lectures, and discussions, and maximize the time spent with you on full contact drills. You get the physical, and psychological benefits of completing self defense techniques under full power.
- CLASS SIZE IS CONTROLLED. Classes are held to 8 students to maximize student-trainer contact time. This allows you ample time to consider the Peaceful Warrior attitude and skills which are the foundation of street and home safety.
- For further information, e-mail us (below) or contact us by mail or phone: Urban Safety Programs, 41 Sutter Street, Suite #1550, San Francisco, CA 94104. (800) 990-8060
Why Urban Safety Programs?
Our society takes violence and violation of personal space for granted. It is generally accepted that personal attacks will happen to all of us sometime during our lifetime. Urban Safety Programs was created to combat this feeling of resignation. We do not have to be victims; only if we choose to be.
There are so many of us who are tired of living with physical constraints. It is not pleasant to think that we cannot attend social events in the evening, attend classes or visit friends without feeling afraid for our own safety. Although the anger stemming from feeling afraid may not show, the resentment affects everything we do, our choice of daily activities, and how we relate to others.
Urban Safety Programs was created to make a statement. We do not have to feel resigned, nor do we have to harbor a deep seated anger. It is possible for us face these issues squarely, and do something for ourselves.
For Additional Information:
Quarter 4 1997 Newsletter topics: A Woman's Attitude, Street Defense & the law, Swoop & Squat
Training staff background summaries
DateSafe Services for singles
Go to Wood, Lynn & Welles - Private Investigations and Corporate Security
Questions or comments? Please write: BeHereNow@Juno.com