The GENERAL CONTEXT of such use is:
1. (a) the exercise of physical force so as to inflict injury on, or cause damage to, persons or property; action or conduct characterized by this; treatment or usage tending to cause bodily injury or forcibly interfering with personal freedom. (b) to inflict harm or injury upon; to outrage or violate. (c) n/a (d) undue constraint applied to some natural process, habit, etc., so as to prevent its free development or exercise. Now used in political contexts with varying degrees of appropriateness. (e) n/a
2. an instance or case of violent, injurious, or severe treatment; a violent act or proceeding.
3. force or strength of physical action or or natural agents; forcible, powerful, or violent action or motion.
4. (a) great force, severity, or vehemence; intensity of some condition or influence. (b) intensity or excess of contrast.
5. vehemence of personal feeling or action; great, excessive, or extreme ardour or fervour; also, violent or passionate conduct or language; passion, fury.
6. violation of some condition.
7. to do violence to; to violate.
8. to compel or constrain; to force (a person) to or from a place, etc., or to do something, by violence.
Father Jerome's DICTIONARY of KEYWORDS/PHRASES used in his scientific writings and at his QUFD website
Father Jerome's PSYCHOSOCIOLOGICAL DICTIONARY of Terms/Phrases used in Monograph III of his QUALIA Series
Father Jerome's SPECIALIZED DICTIONARY of KEYWORDS/PHRASES pertaining to Bose-Einstein Condensates of Non-Matter and Incorporeality, as used in his Works, in QUFD Physics and in the 'QUFD Textbook' Website
Also see Father Jerome's BLOG, for info about his latest Book,
"God, Lucifer and You! A ScienceBook of Quantum Physics and Reality, for 5 year old Kids and Adults!"