= Mac friendly; may still need
= PC version
- Total Conversions &
- drop me a
scenarios have been started: The Nocturnal Missions and Spear of
- 2 projects that were started recently, and then gone just as
quickly: Atlantis Under Pressure and Medieval. Fortunately, 2 more
have started to take their place:
Wars: Hostile Territory.
- 3-level preview of
- Momento Mori II
won't work on MacOS without a bugfix. Unfortunately, the link for
the bugfix on TiC's site has been down for some time. I e-mailed
them about this a month ago or so, and still nothing has been done
about it, so I'm going to upload it
(it's a whopping 4K!) I should've done this a long time ago;
sorry, y'all :)
- In case you've been living in a cave for the last month, the
PC-Doom crowd has gone port-happy! It appears I'm gonna have to
cut the definition of a "TC" pretty thinly. Basically, I don't
consider it for this directory unless a) it has new levels
and b) it's not Deathmatch.
- So far, I haven't seen jack shit from the Mac community in the
way of ports, but that doesn't necessarily mean they aren't
happening. Fortunately, most programmers make their source freely
available, so some aspiring Mac developer could port them....or
better yet, make their own port. Get the Doom source
- Know about a Total Conversion or
megaWAD I haven't included? (A megaWAD is usually 1 MB or larger
and often has new textures, weapons and/or monsters.)
Write me a note & I'll
check it out! I want this directory to be as complete as possible!
Please tell me if there's any out-of-date info or broken links
- I also need graphics of monsters from any of the Doom games.
- WADs that are still being developed are in the IN PROGRESS
section at the bottom.
- A sound and sprite editor.
- A script-writer for DeHacked-style patches which can be
applied by DOOMinator.
- Very primitive map editor.
- The author quit this project and made the source code public.
II 1.0.3 updater
Doom 1.0.3 updater
- Damn, it's HARD to find these now (they aren't even at id!).
- Doom II 1.0.3 has many marked improvements; mainly a) the game
runs faster and b) you can now use DOOMinator to apply DeHacked
- Applies .DEH patches. Only supports patching of these types at
this point: THING, WEAPON, AMMO, POINTER (and not TEXT, CHEAT,
SOUND or SPRITE).
- It's about time! A graphical-interface WAD-editor!
- Even has support for Hexen! (Old, non-Hexen, non-beta version
to WAD converter
- Converts PC demos to WADs.
- Some other map-making thing. Port of BSP.
- Another WAD editor in production.
- MacDoom Utility.
- Hhhmmmm....does a variety of odd (useful?) things....if
nothing else on this page can accomplish what you want, I suggest
trying this one. Also changes LMPs (demos) to WADs.
- About 90% of the Doom WADs available were made on a PC, mostly
because of the lack of decent Mac Doom editors (HellMaker is a
- If you want to play these WADs on a Mac, you need a converter
(no, some crappy autotyper will NOT cut it); you need WADenizer.
This tool goes way beyond changing the types and creators; it also
converts all the textures, sprites and sounds so that MacDoom will
recognize then properly and you can play the WAD just as it's
- Goes great with WADWorks Suite; just expand the WADs in a set
with WADenizer, then compile them with WAD Compositor!
- This program has only one bug, so far as I can tell, but it is
very aggravating: for some reason, usually when expanding Textures
on some WADs, it returns a fake "not enough memory" error, and
quits. You could give it 50 megs of RAM, it'll still error out.
Besides that, it is an absolute Godsend to Mac Doomers. =)
- A new WAD editor in progress. Get your name on the mailing
list to get informed when it's released.
- Contains WAD Compositor, WAVtoWAD and Sound Extractor.
- A "node builder" for Macs. No, I don't really know what this
- OK, since these page is intended for the enjoyment of both Mac
and PC users, I have made sure to label each entry appropriately
so you will all know which WADs work on which machines.
- OK, it's true! This page is biased to the Mac (in case
you haven't noticed....)!
- But I only have so much time and energy & I don't feel
like hunting down all those PC map utilities, etc; of corse I'm a
- If you're looking for PC game utilities, there are already
lots of sites that have stuff like that. I WILL include PC-only
TCs, partly because I want this to be a complete directory (to
satisfy everyone) and also because maybe some Mac users will
e-mail those authors and motivate them to make a Mac version!
- Trust me; many authors want their work to be enjoyed by as
many people as possible and will help if they can.
- Unfortunately, to add new effects to their levels, many WAD
editors use DeHacked, a PC program which patches the Doom II
application; and the only Mac program which can apply these
patches, DOOMinator, is severely limited.
- New Mac-ization of an old favorite. Based on Cameron's classic
movie, of corse..
- Get the
- One of my favorite movies gets the Doom treatment! As Ash, you
get to blast all kinds of undead thru medieval England with your
- One thing that's extra-cool about this project is that the
author made an effort to make a Mac-compatible version!
- (although I have very serious doubts about this.....I can't
actually get it to work on a Mac, even with the
instructions on the
- "Bitchin' 97". A series of about a dozen levels.
- Link is for PC-version only.
- The Mac version is in the software libraries on
AOL (hope you haven't used up all
your free hours yet!)
The TEXT code won't parse, but everything else should work OK.
- @#$%^%^^ WADenizer memory error on Textures.
- 32-level WAD made by 32 different artists!
- A conversion based on a shareware game, One Must Fall.
- Fight even more demons, on familiar turf.
- Eternal Doom III is finished!
- Has some kind of a weird shell that makes it unusable to Mac
- Mac conversion note!: WADenizer bogus "out of memory" error;
same problem as Hell Revealed. This WAD was tested with WADenizer
2.0 and 1.1, same error.
- A new commercial TC from Banjo Software.
- After checking out the shareware version, you can order it
from them for $14.95.
- .exe installer?
- Go hunting in a train station!
- This WAD won't WADenize; it always "runs out of memory" about
when it extracts the textures.
- I set the memory partition really high, it doesn't do any
good. You could play it on a Mac anyway, you'll just lose all the
- Made by Team TNT....the guys that created the WADs for Final
- Macintosh version of Doom WAD made by a military sergeant to
- This one's alot of fun, a little weird and alot harder
than it looks. Imagine Damage Incorporated, Doom-style.
- Another classic. New version. Check it out!
- Even more Momento Mori.
- Get the MacOS
- Finally completed! Requires Dehacked.
One Kill the Next Generation
- Doesn't run on Macs, and according to the author, doesn't run
that well on PCs either!
- There's some error in the WAD, maybe a future version will fix
- Mega-WAD from the notorious Innocent Crew....also PC users
check out the The Evil Unleashed and Slaughter Until Death!
- An Egyptian TC somewhat based on/inspired by the movie
of the Fallen Angel
- This one runs 99%, if not 100% correctly on MacOS.
- The 2nd WAD, which contains sounds and "miscellanous",
WADenizer gave back it's fake "out of memory" error, so I just
drag-n-dropped it + the WADenized map WAD to DOOM II; it loaded OK
and the new sounds were there.
- So check it out! My sister stayed up 'til about 1 AM playing
this one, and she usually has good taste.
- First 100% Mac-built mega-WAD....produced by TMT (The
- I haven't gotten a chance to play this much, but what I have
seen looks pretty good. Worth checking out, regardless!
- PC users get
- Another TiC megaWAD.
- Death-dealing "coop-only" WAD!
- STRAIN stands for Strategy & Tactics Regiment Armed for
- I've heard this is one of the BEST mega-WADs ever, from many
- (No Mac version, though, due to unsupported DeHacked code :-P)
- The Black Star Coven's fond farewell to Doom, as they move on
to Quartet and other Quake projects.
- A toon slaughterfest!; sequel to Toon (for Doom I). Doesn't
work on Mac due to patch code that DOOMinator doesn't support.
- The author is currently working on Toon III.
- A series of WADs porting Wolfenstein to DOOM.
- It's obvious alot of work was put into this....and
while not very creative, there are some new levels here,
and the WADs, frankly, look beautiful and well-done.
- The series includes Second Encounter, Die, Fuhrer, Die,
Treasure Hunt, Escape From Totenhaus, The Portal, Astrostein,
Astrostein 2, Astrostein 3, Operation Eisanmann and
Operation: Arctic Wolf. Mac and PC versions of all WADs.
- WAD based on Night of the Living Dead, etc.
- DeHacked! DeHacked! DeHacked!!
The best is yet to
- IN PROGRESS: Area
- The most legendary of military bases gets Doom-ized. 2 out of
3 levels finished and available for download!
- IN PROGRESS: Battle of
- Another Star Wars conversion.
- IN PROGRESS: Beyond
Doom: The Apocalypse
- A "sequel" to DOOM II....all-new monsters, weapons and alot
more, including the first nuclear weapon and a hybrid
cyberdemon/spider! Preview available.
IN PROGRESS: Birthplace
- One marine's descent into an alien hell.
- The author is looking for someone to finish this project for
- IN PROGRESS: Chaos
- IN PROGRESS: Chronicles
- IN PROGRESS: Crypt
- Episode one has been completed!
IN PROGRESS: Doom
IN PROGRESS: Doomsday
- From the guy that made the Zombies TC.
- IN PROGRESS: Doom
- Team TNT gits bizzy with the DOOM code.
- IN PROGRESS: Dracula
- A medieval-type WAD, in the style of the old Bela Lugosi
- Yep, you guessed it; based on the Chronicles! You can play as
Caramon, Riverwind or Raistlin and battle legions of orcs and
goblins. There's a voting area on their website; so you can help
pick which characters will be included and even whether the TC
will be made for Doom II or Hexen.
- IN PROGRESS: Eternity
- The demons have discovered a way to travel back thru time to
sabotage mankind's past.
- Check out what's been completed in the demo.
- IN PROGRESS: Extreme
- Another project working with the DOOM source code.
IN PROGRESS: Fate
IN PROGRESS: Fistful
- A Wild West conversion....2 levels available so far.
- IN PROGRESS: From
Dusk Till Doom
- IN PROGRESS: Ghostbusters
IN PROGRESS: ID4
- Looks awesome!! This, Dragonlance, Jurassic Park and Star Wars
are the 4 best-looking mega-conversions going on right now; which
proves that, despite Quake, Duke Nukem, etc there are still alot
of diehard Doom fans out there!
- IN PROGRESS: Immortal
- IN PROGRESS: Invasion
IN PROGRESS: KTA
- This one looks abandoned. The page has been taken down, and
there seems to be no mention of it on the site.
- IN PROGRESS: The
IN PROGRESS: Marine
- This is a different project from the "Marine Doom" WAD above.
- The premise is still basically the same: instead of monsters,
you fight soldiers.
- Download the 3-level preview.
- IN PROGRESS: MechDoom
- Based on FASA's increasingly marketable Battletech universe.
- IN PROGRESS: Mordeth
- You can download the first 2 episodes of this conversion now.
- IN PROGRESS: The
- IN PROGRESS: Newbie
- This is a group of newbies, looking for more newbies. I'd be
curious to see what they come up with.
- IN PROGRESS: Ninja
- Simple concept: you're a ninja, fighting ninjas.
IN PROGRESS: Paradox
- An evil UAC from an alternate dimension invades Earth.
- IN PROGRESS: Project
- IN PROGRESS: Project
- This one's damn funky....
- Since id has decided to release Doom's code, Project Doom is
going to hack up the .exe to see what kind of cool new effects
they can make possible.
- IN PROGRESS: Ragnarok
- The latest from Team TNT.
- Yet another rift into a strange dimension has opened, so our
hero can once again wade thru legions of monsters.
- IN PROGRESS: Ren
- D'eh, Ren, what you gonna do with that rocket launcher?
- IN PROGRESS: Sailor
- Hmmmm....sure, I've seen stranger things....
- Unfortunately, this project is only up to version 0.3, only a
few of the weapons have been replaced and a couple of the
monsters. I hope the author makes a Total Conversion out of this
one; it would just be too silly (not to mention lame!) having
Sailor Moon toting around a shotgun or beating down a cyberdemon
with her moonstaff : )
- IN PROGRESS: Star
- A mega-conversion to rival Jurassic Park or ID4! Blast aliens
on the deserts of Tatooine, Jabba's barge, the Death Star and the
forests of Endor.
- Needless to say, this one's gonna be HUGE......
IN PROGRESS: Star
Wars: Hostile Territory
- Another much-anticipated Star Wars conversion.
IN PROGRESS: The
- Another all-Mac project, kind of like
Chaos (of corse, Mac-made WADs will run on PC Doom).
- IN PROGRESS: Twice
- In a T2-like plot, it's the 22nd century and the humans are at
war with the hellspawn; you must travel back in time to stop the
- IN PROGRESS: The Ultimate
- 32-level WAD made by the 32 best WAD authors of all time!
- However, the page has been taken down and the project seems
- IN PROGRESS: UAC
- IN PROGRESS: You'll
IN PROGRESS: ZelDoom
- Based on the Zelda series from Nintendo (oh, c'mon, I couldn't
make up stuff like this).
- Preview available!
IN PROGRESS: ?
- This project still doesn't have a name yet, but now there's
some awesome screenshots: this one looks like it'll be a ton of
fun, with some of the craziest weapons and effects I've seen in a
- IN PROGRESS: ??
Get Add-ons for these other great games
(Mac & PC sites)
Many thanks to my
sister for donation of this
- Go to darkhat's main