By Peter Coulman streetcar information from Louis Pursley's Street Railways of Toronto
July 26th, 1881
New horse car route inaugurated. Cars run from Front & York Streets via east on Front, north on Church Street, east on King Street, north on Sherbourne Street, east on Carlton Street, north on Parliament Street and east on Winchester Street to Sumach Street.
October 23rd to ?, 1891
Experimentally merged with DAVENPORT route. Cars now start from the Canadian Pacific Railway crossing on Bathurst Street just north of Dupont, then run south to King and east to the exisitng route. Lines separated within a few weeks and revert to original routing.
September 26th, 1892
Rerouted so operate cars no longer run via King and Sherbourne, instead continuing up Church to Carlton.
September 28th, 1893
Route electrified and changed to run north on Yonge Street instead of Church.
Combined with PARLIAMENT route on a trial basis. Cars return to routing via Front, Church, King, Sherbourne, east on Queen Street, Parliament and Winchester.
October 16, 1894
Wye installed at Sumach Street. Service combined with BATHURST route and operate from the CPR crossing via Bathurst, King, York, Front, Yonge, Carlton, Parliament and Winchester.
January 26th, 1895
Separted from BATHURST and resumed former routing.
Downtown loop via south on Yonge, west on Front, north on York and east on King. Various other loopings may have been operated.
December 24th, 1906
Downtown loop changed to run via south on Yonge, west on Front, north on Scott Street and east on Wellington Street.
October 26th, 1908
Afternoon rush hour looping via Church, Front, Scott, Wellington, Yonge and Carlton.
December 18th, 1911
New routing from wye at Adelaide & Victoria Streets via north on Victoria, east on Wilton Square (renamed Dundas Square) and Dundas Street, north on Parliament and east on Winchester.
April 1st, 1912
New downtown looping via west on Wilton, south on Victoria, east on Richmond Street, south on Church, west on Adelaide Street and north on Victoria.
October 21st, 1913
Operation changed from Front to King carhouse.
November 1st, 1913
Afternoon rush hour loop now via Church, Adeliaide, Victoria and Wilton.
September 1st, 1921
Toronto Railway Company taken over by the Toronto Transportation Commission. Operation returned to Front Street yard.
October 2nd, 1921
Changed to operate from Sumach & Winchester via Winchester, Parliament and Queen, looping clockwise via Church, Richmond and Victoria.
January 21st, 1922
Front Street yard closed as an operating division; changed to operate from Russsell carhouse.
June 30th, 1923
Car line abandoned, replaced the next day by new PARLIAMENT route.
August 3rd, 1924
New bus route inaugurated. Service provided on Winchester from Parliament to Sumach, wyeing at both ends.