War on Drugs?
A THEORY ON DRUGS
There are plants that, when ingested, connect you to other forms of self and other forms of conciousness. The whole concept of altering your conciousness through plants has been given an unfavorable name in our western world, associated with what is called drugs. In many sacred ceremonies and rituals, it is understood that certain parts of the plants of the living library are ingested so that you may further understand the library. So, if you would, understand that Earth grows things that allow you to understand her in greater detail. There are those who do not want you to gather more information and become free, so they say to you that something is bad. They turn something that is quite beautifull into something to be frightened of. In actuality, the purpose of being human is to alter your conciousness by intent, by free will, and by the gifts of the planet in fashion and honor-and to discover the magnificense of living!
Yes, thats right, our lovely United States of America spends $800,000 EVERY 60 MINUTES to fight "The War on Drugs"! They run television commercials and ad campaigns and they spend our tax money to hold simple Marijuana users in jail and to pay cops more. Every 54 minutes someone is arrested on Marijuana charges. You have to ask yourself, why? Well theres the obvious reason, drugs are bad and they ruin people's lives, right? Wrong. I am not saying that drugs are not harmful to peoples health if they abuse them, or even one use can be a little harmful for your health, but so is driving a car, watching TV(its proven brain activity is minimized completely while watching the televesion), smoking cigarettes, typing on a computer all day for a career can give people arthritis later in life, even those tiny little laser pointers everyone has are harmful when pointed into someones eyes. I could go on and on for days, but(thank god for you) I am not going to. So what exactly is harmful about drugs? Here are the answers according to THE Partnership for a Drug free America..
- increased heart rate
- Unless you have a heart condition what the hell is wrong with this? you heart rate increases when you run, when your scared, when you do any physical activity. Increased heartrate=more oxygen flowing through your body.
- bloodshot eyes
- OK WTF IS THIS?! Your eyes turn red and its FUCKING HARMFUL?! MY ASS IT IS! How do they figure? It just means your stoned!!!
- dry mouth and throat
- drink something morons, your not gonna die cuz your mouth is a little dry!
- impaired or reduced comprehension
- this one may be true, although I have smoked marijuana a long time and the longer you smoke, the more your brain adapts to that state of conciousness and you are able to comprehend more and more with time. I even smoke before I do my homework, I just wouldnt recommend reading, it is harder to retain info after you read it while stoned.
- altered sense of time
- OK wtf is this, no one cares what thier sense of time is anyways, its not like its a skill that people must have to know what time it is without looking at a fucking clock..this really isn't harmful, its not like you can't tell what day it is and shit!
- reduced ability to perform tasks requiring concentration and coordination,
such as driving a car
- I Wouldn't suggest driving for the new stoner. I personally have done it and I've noticed that I am actually a MORE carefull driver while under the influence of Marijuana. I follow more of the driving laws too, just remember if you're not comfortable, then DON'T TRY IT. :)
- altered motivation and cognition, making the acquisition of new information
- who wants to learn 24/7 anyways, take a break and have some fun once in a while and its not gonna kill you!
- the only reason I could see someone being paranoid while stoned is if they are freaking out because they know its illegal and they don't want to get caught! If it was legal then there would be no reason to be paranoid!!
- psychological dependence
- This is the one and only effect that the PDFA actually nailed....although it is hard to stop smoking once you are psychologically dependent, its surely not impossible and it can be done with some ease if you really want to stop...I also want people to know its not like a heroin withdrawel or something, you just get depressed for a few days and then you feel fine again. no big deal as long as you dont kill yourself.
- impairments in learning and memory, perception, and judgment - difficulty
speaking, listening effectively, thinking, retaining knowledge, problem solving,
and forming concepts
- I can talk perfectly fine, think fine and I am actually more motivated to find better ways of solving problems(real life ones, i'm not talking about the problem solving section in your highschool mathbook!
- intense anxiety or panic attacks
- Never seen this happen to anyone.
- increased blood pressure
- Bacon increases peoples blood pressure to the point where it can kill them, shrooms may increase your pressure temporarily but not in the long run, overall this isn't going to hurt you.
- OK THIS ONE MAKES ME LAUGH!! OH NO! I am sweating a little bit because of mushrooms! IM GONNA DIE!! NOOOOOO!(oh and this has never been a problem for me).
- Occasionally people puke from eating shrooms, but whats the big deal, you puke worse when you drink too much. it's a small price to pay for the experience of psychedelics.
- nervous feeling
- I dont get nervous when i shroom, but people get nervous before they go on stage, before they talk to someone important, etc, etc. being nervous may be a little uncomfortable but its sure as hell not gonna kill you. Its not illegal for people with stage fright to go on stage is it?
- visual changes
- NOW THIS IS THE BIGGEST FUCKING DISSAPOINTMENT TO ME! Visual changes are the reason most people do the drug, it helps you look at life in a different way, you see things you've never seen before and it helps you appreciate nature, our earth and the way life(im talking natural life, not human life) works.
- potentially devastating psychiatric effects
- Yeah, its devastating to the government once you realize there' more to life than what they tell you. You begin to realize that they feed you bullshit your whole life and there is a whole undiscovered world out there. If you think it makes you crazy? well it made me crazy, but who says thats bad, better check your definition of SANITY before you decide that sane is good. I also suggest anyone who hasn't read that article about sanity yet to read it before continuing on my pages.
- elevated body temperature
- a temporarily elevated body tempature is a small price to pay for spiritual happiness and ultimate truth, and besides, its not like it goes so high it will kill you, so its really just another bullshit reason to scare people from LSD.
- elevated blood pressure
- I covered this in the Mushrooms section. it won't kill you people. bacon will.
- suppressed appetite
- So your not hungry for a few hours, who gives a fuck. LSD doesn't permanently kill your appetite or anything.
- This is true, you wont sleep for about 10 hours after you take LSD, but is this any reason to make it illegal?
- I have not experienced tremors from usage of any drug, and this may be uncomfortable if these symptoms do get extreme. You can get tremors from working on cars and many otehr things, its not an exclusive "negative effect" from drugs.
- chronic recurring hallucinations (flashbacks)
- I FUCKING WANT ONE! they don't last a long period of time, these may pop up through out a chronic acid users life. But like I said, I haven't experienced them and I am not a chronic LSD user nor have am I that old.
Please do not think that I am suggesting everyone to go take any or all drugs, I am merely sharing my experience's and opinions with them. And yes, I have seen people screw up thier head from TOO MUCH USAGE of acid and "E" especially.
Why are Psychedelics illegal and looked down upon in our society?-excerpt of a lecture from the revolutionary Terrence McKenna
Ok, now that I have shot down NEARLY EVERY SINGLE one of the reasons why these drugs are bad, how does that make this organization look. I mean afterall, they do CLAIM "We're working to maintain the largest, most accurate database of drug information on the Web." Thats bullshit, I am a 16 year old webmaster who's page has more information about drugs than the fucking national organization against them. So fuck they're slogan "Just say NO!" and start using your brain people, JUST SAY KNOW!
I am in no way advising that everyone go out and take all the drugs there are, the only drugs that I see as good for people in many ways are psychedelics. So is it really a "War on Drugs"? Or is it a War on the people from the government? Governments main purpose is to control the population without people realizing they are being controlled.
This is a very hard concept for some people to grasp because it goes against everything they have conditioned you to think about life and how it works, but I hope I have helped you in any way at all to understand. And remember people, JUST SAY KNOW!-Psychedelic Uncle Sam