Southern Baptist University Theological Seminary
Statements of Faith
- INSTITUTE OF ARTS AND HUMANITIES
- We affirm the fundamental principle of Liberalism.
- There is no such thing as a theological principle, policy, or doctrine.
- Every Individual has the right to decide whether to subscribe to a particular belief or to a particular practice in the spirit of freedom and choice.
- INSTITUTE OF MESSIANIC BAPTIST STUDIES
- We believe in One G-d, YHVH, expressed through the Father in Heaven, Messiah Yeshua-the Son, and Ruach HaKodesh-the Holy Spirit.
- We also believe Yeshua was/is the promised Passover Lamb who died to cover the sins of all who look to Him.
- He is also the promised Messiah and Deliverer of Israel.
- Personal covenant with G-d is made through trusting in Yeshua's sacrifice and resurrection, which results in resurrection from the dead and eternal life.
- All G-d's commandments are permanently valid until G-d Himself declares them void.This will happen only in the event that heaven and earth are desroyed.
- INSTITUTE OF FUNDAMENTALIST BAPTIST STUDIES
- We accept only the New Testament as our authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe the Church is to be made up of Saved and Baptized believers (by Immersion). We reject infant baptism.
- We believe in strict separation of Church and State.
- We believe in the priesthood of the believer.
- We believe in the autonomy of the local Church.
SBU home and Courses
Institute of Arts and Humanities
Institute of Messianic Baptist Studies
Institute of Fundamentalist Baptist Studies