Southern Baptist University Theological Seminary
About - Southern Baptist University Theological Seminary
- Southern Baptist University Theological Seminary is affiliated with U.K for Jesus Baptist Ministry.
- Southern Baptist University Theological Seminary is an Asian based Baptist Seminary with representatives in India , Malaysia , Philipines , Indonesia and Hong Kong .
- U.K for Jesus Baptist Ministry is an internet evangelistic Ministry reaching out mainly to people within the U.K and the rest of the world mainly through the Internet .
- U.K for Jesus Baptist Ministries mission was also to plant a Virtual Bible University Seminary in Asia that would be able to cater for the needs of people's from various ethnic backrounds. SBU was planted for that purpose.
- SBU's programme is designed such that it is incorporated into the active life of the local Church .
- SBU Institute of Messianic Baptist Studies (IMBF) is not affiliated with Southern Baptist Messianic Fellowship (SBMF) but has adopted it's mission and objective as it's own .
- IMBS educate's her students very firmly on point (3) of the SBMF objectives which is , To encourage Jewish believers that their ethnic and historical heritage need NOT be lost upon their commitment to Yeshua .
- SBU is also known as the School of Accountability and Discipline .
- One example is , students are required to submit a written report of their service and participation in the local Church every 6 months with a confirmation from the Pastor in Charge . With this comes accountability .
- Students who go through the first year of the word foundational Studies will have to hand in a written commentary of a portion of the Pentateuch every week . With this comes discipline .
- Most of all we want to help individuals and especially Ministers , to carry on their ministry efectively and at the same time complete their degree at home .
- Going to a Traditional Bible College can be a great hindrance especially to those who are already in fulltime Ministry and have come to a certain point of maturity in their faith and walk with God .
- SBU DOES NOT except past life experience as credits . Instead , past life experience are prerequisites to certain courses .
- SBU focuses mainly on students from Asia , as the cost of getting an on-line Bible degree from the U.S or Europe can be very costly .
- SBU also sees a strong need to educate Asian Christians on the Messianic Movement that is growing among believers worldwide .
- Courses are very affordable and especially helpfull for Asian Christians who are already in fulltime Ministry .
- Seminary Degrees are awarded in cooperation with the Authority of the local Church Denomination or it's Theological Seminary.
- Southern Baptist University, Theological Seminary is Accredited by The Asian Association of Theological Institutions.
- Although SBU is not in agreement with Calvinism in general it has adopted her position on the office of the Doctor in the Church.
- Calvinism teaches that, Doctors held an office of theological scholarship and teaching for the edification of the people and the training of other ministers
- Graduates are deemed qualified to hold offices in the Church such as Doctors, Pastors, Deacons and Elders.
- Our Asian Headquarters is at No.12, Jalan BPU 9, Bandar Puchong Utama , 47100 Puchong, Selangor, Malaysia.
- Southern Baptist University Theological Seminary was approved and endorsed by Siloam Evangelical Church of Malaysia through Rev. Paul Murugesu as an alternative Seminary Training for Pastors and Church leaders in Asia.
U.K for Jesus Baptist Ministry
National Evangelical Church Fellowship Malaysia
The objectives that SBMF is Committed to are : (1)The worship of Yeshua Hamashiakh (Jesus Christ) as Lord and Saviour. (2)The evangelism of the world's Jewish population in the belief that Yeshua IS THE Jewish Messiah as well as the Son of God and Saviour. (3)To encourage Jewish believers that their ethnic and historical heritage need NOT be lost upon their commitment to Yeshua. (4)To encourage planting of Messianic Jewish congregations and fellowships as worship homes for Jewish believers and their families. (5)To encourage the Church to partner with us in evangelizing the Jewish people. (6)To follow the Baptist Faith and Message.