On May 29th, 2010 Ciarán Hinds Online will be closing down.
Unfortunately, I have not had the time in recent years to devote to the site. I have returned to work full time, in addition to caring for my husband, three teenagers and a new puppy! We also squeezed in a move to a new home, so yes, life is hectic! For the past 2 years, the site has mainly become an archive rather than an up-to-date source of information. As the official fan site this is not acceptable to me, nor should it be for the fans.
I look back fondly on the past 6 years. There were many, many thrills along the way:
1) Tracking down rare films and sharing them with the world (ie Yellowbacks, The Dream Factory, Practice Piece, Our Boys, Seaforth, Broken Morning, Wounded) Many of these coming directly from the directors themselves or friends of Mr. Hinds. At one time I resented the fact that other fan sites stole material without my consent, but I am now happy that it is out there on the net and will remain so long after this site is gone.
2) Uniting fans via the Yahoo group I started in 2004, thus creating a central location for information to be shared.
3) When I started this site there were only 2 other long dormant Ciarán Hinds sites on the net. I like to think that my enthusiasm and dedication inspired a number of new sites to open and flourish. This site and the information shared at the Yahoo group provided these new sites with a baseline of information.
4) Supporting the Lyric Theatre by buying a seat in Ciarán's name. Well done everyone involved! I never thought we'd do it, but we did! I hope to visit one day and see the seat (and sit in it!) in person.
5) Supporting Susan G. Komen for the Cure via Ebay auctions. Again, well done everyone involved!
6) Getting to know Mr. Simon Beresford, Ciarán's long time manager and friend. He has been supportive and kind during the entire run of this site. It has been a pleasure sir!
7) And finally ... Mr. Hinds HIMSELF! I've never read or heard a bad word spoken about this man, this professional. He is the consummate gentleman and has treated me with kindness and respect throughout the run of this site. I will never forget meeting him in New York and being treated like a friend, rather than a fan. I went to New York expecting a brief 'meet and greet' at the stage door and instead found myself 'wined and dined' for a weekend. A dream come true for me, so again, many, many thanks. There are few celebrities who can actually live up to a fan's expectations. You are one in a million.
All my best,
Support the Lyric
Name a Seat! (we did!)
Ciarán Hinds Welcomes You to his Site!
Special Thanks to our Most Recent Site Sponsors:
Ciarán Hinds fans have found their way to CiaránHinds.com!
Contact Lori if you have news or photos to share.
[Odds 'n Sods]
Ciarán Hinds pictured with Aine Moriarty from the Irish Film and Television Academy
Click to see more photos from his ‘In Conversation With’ event at Queen’s Film Theatre, Belfast (October 4, 2008)
First photo from "Above Suspicion"!
[Dates to Remember]
Subject to Change
≅ February 4, 2008: Ciarán Hinds will be the special guest at a screening of "Persuasion" in Brooklyn. [LINK]
≅ February 9, 2008: HAPPY 55th BIRTHDAY Mr. Hinds! [LEAVE A BIRTHDAY WISH]
≅ March 7, 2008: "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day" is released.
≅ March 28, 2008: "Stop Loss" is released.
≅ March 30, 2008: "The Seafarer" ends its run on Broadway.
≅ April 5, 2008: "Mr. Foe" (a.k.a. "Hallam Foe") closes the Vail Film Festival and plays at the Wisconsin Film Festival".
≅ April 23, 2008: "Cash" is released.
≅ April 28, 2008: Drama Desk Award nominations will be announced today.
≅ May 13, 2008: Tony Award nominations will be announced today.
≅ June 6, 2008: "Mr. Foe" (a.k.a. "Hallam Foe") gets a limited North American release.
≅ June 15, 2008: Tony Awards are broadcast live from NYC!
≅ June 24, 2008: "In Bruges" is released on DVD.
≅ July 8, 2008: "Stop Loss" is released on DVD.
≅ August 19, 2008: "Miss Pettigrew Lives for Day" is released on DVD.
≅ September 5, 2008: "Mister Foe" finally gets its North American release.
≅ September 16, 2008: "Who Bombed Birmingham?" comes to DVD for the first time.
≅ October 4, 2008: "In Conversation with Ciarán Hinds" @ Queen's Film Theatre.
≅ November 11, 2008: "Mr. Foe" comes to DVD in North America today! Pre-order below.
≅ November 27, 2008: "Ca$h" comes to DVD today (Europe only)
≅ January, 2009: "Above Suspicion" will air on ITV.
≅ February 9, 2009: Happy 56th Birthday Mr. Hinds! and "December Bride" is now available for purchase on DVD. (see link below)
≅ February 24, 2009: Previews begin at the National Theatre for "Burnt by the Sun".
≅ March 3, 2009: "Burnt by the Sun" opens today.
≅ March 13, 2009: "Race to Witch Mountain" is released today in theatres.
≅ March 17, 2009: "Tale of Despereaux" is available on DVD today. (see link below)
≅ March 20, 2009: Ciarán for the Cure launches today. Click on the banner above for all the details.
≅ August, 2009: "Race to Witch Mountain" and "The Tiger's Tail" come to dvd this month.
≅ Fall, 2009: Ciarán set to make a splash at The Gate theatre in Dublin with THE BIRDS
≅ April 10, 2010: The 8th John Hewitt Spring Festival is pleased to welcome guest Ciarán Hinds!