Hey ppl...since I have no life, I spent my Victoria Weekend trying to figure out what Ben, Dan, and Chris are actually saying in the Spin Session Interview with Art Alexakis from Everclear on chairpage. So. Appreciate my pathetic existance and read this to explore the weird, twisted ways of silverchair. Yep.
Art- Art Alexakis
Ben- Ben Gillies
Chr- Chris Joannou
Dan- Daniel Johns
- Art- This is the Spin Session with...what the hell are you guys called again?
- Ben- silver...uhhh....
- Dan- silverstanzeteria
- Chr- uh...silver...
- Ben- Butt. Silverbutt.
- Dan- Could you not talk so loud please?
- Chr- I can't hear the crunch of the food.
- Dan- Hello everyone. Hi. I'm Daniel. (in a mocking tone)
- Ben- Hi my name is Ben Gillies and I enjoy playing water sports ski...hehe...skiing and water polo.
- Art- Chris? (silence)
- Chr- Hello America.
- Art- Hi, you're listening to the Spin Sessions and tonight we have special guests...
- (snorting noises from Daniel, then everyone giggling)
- Ben- Johns, you're an animal! You're an animal!
- Art- Well, you know, we did have silverchair but to hell with this. I'm Art from Everclear and I was gonna interview them but y'know what? We're just gonna talk about me! What do you think Chris? (Chris giggles) Anyways, on my right over here, we have Ben...
- Ben- G'Day Art.
- Art- And we have Chris...
- Chr- How ya doin'?
- Art- And we have the world's most effeminate heterosexual, Mr. Daniel Johns. (Daniel laughs) How you guys doin'?
- Chr- Good.
- Ben- Good.
- Art- You know, they asked me to come in here 'cause I can kick your butts and you know I've done it before and I will do it so you had better give a good interview...
- Art- Yep. Everclear toured with them and they're huge in Europe and huge in Australia. We were, um, just, you know, we had the ultimate pleasure and graciousness to open for silverchair in different places and it was quite an experience. We're gonna talk about that tonight, we're gonna talk about their new record Freak Show that's coming out. When's the release date here in the States, boys?
- Ben- The first week of February.
- Art- And, well, you must be pretty excited. Same date everywhere?
- Chr- Yep.
- Ben- Aw, not the same date, some on the fourth.
- Dan- fifth.
- Art- Forth, fifth, whatever works, right?
- Art- Going back to the Freaks issue, did you guys ever see the movie 'Freaks'?
- Dan- No. We got told about it, we wanna see it.
- Art- Ok, well there are Pinheads, and all that stuff. The Ramones were really influenced by that kinda thing.
- Chr- Yeah?
- Art- Yeah.
- Chr- We saw the whole book on lobster boy- about his whole family and stuff.
- Art- Did you hear about the dog-faced girl? (giggling) She was hot. (Everyone begins laughing hysterically)
- Ben- When this goes on the radio, it's gonna be crazy.
- Art- So...it does relate to the whole touring thing. (everyone agrees except for Ben) Well, would you rather be in school? Don't you like this?
- Ben- (sarcastic)Aw, I love school. We all love school. Yeah. Being in a band, travelling the world, meeting people, all that sucks.
- Art- (also sarcastic) What a sucky job!
- Art- We were amazed when we were on tour with you guys, you were like these rock stars and our album was just starting to take off and your album took off about 6 or 8 months before ours did and it was really cool to see what happened to you guys in Europe. It was really funny, from our point of view, being jaded old guys, here you guys were getting all the attention and all these little European girls were throwing themselves at you and you had to go sleep in the same room as your moms!!!
- Dan- That sucks.
- Art- Do you wanna talk about that?
- Dan- Yep.
- Ben- She snores.
- Art- Your mom snores? Man, you're never going home again. You know how they say you can never go home again? You literally can't! What about you? Your mom could beat your butt.
- Dan- I know. My mom's strong.
- Art- Your mom's a goddess.
- Dan- I know. But there's only 2 more months and I'm touring by myself. When I'm 18.