All info from chairpage, the epic/silverchair fan club, edge 102 toronto, edge 103.3 buffalo and MTV news.
- NEW NEWS>>>
- dec 31 2000, silverchair performed a show in australia (the falls festival in lorne, victoria) where they unveiled 2 NEW SONGS!!!! the titles of the songs are 'hollywood' and 'one way mule'. During the show, Daniel stated, "We haven't done this in a while. I think I'm gonna spew." lol..
- a silverchair stamp will be available in australia in march. it'll have a pic of the sc boys with the word tomorrow on it. I'll put a pic of it up later, but if you want to see it now, go to chairpage news section...
- On january 21, 2001 silverchair will be performing in Brazil for the Rock In Rio festival along with red hot chili peppers, metallica, Guns'N'Roses, REM, foo fighters and many more. chairpage says they'll be broadcasting it live over the internet so go there for more info...
- it's said that silverchair will be going into the recording studio this year which means their new album shoud be out late this year or next year (i hope)...
- OLD NEWS...
- silverchair will appear on Rockline, the radio show that will be broadcasted on Toronto's Q107 on Monday September 13th, 11:30 pm eastern time. If you want to send in questions, you can phone 1-800-344-ROCK or you can email any questions to email@example.com .
- silverchair's third single, Miss You Love has been released to radio in Australia and the video has been aired also. No date has been specified for a release in Canada and the U.S. as of yet. On the single, there will be covers of punk rock classics by Minor Threat and Black Flag which have not been released previously. It goes on sale in Australia Monday. The cover art for the single is shown above.
- silverchair's ana's song (open fire) dropped off the top 20 modern rock tracks on the Billboard charts...I am so sad...Hopefully, Miss you love will go to #1 in no time!!! But i'm still sad. And thank you to aubrey for telling me that they weren't on the chart, now no one has to email me a bajillion times. *sob*
- OLD NEWS>>>
- (taken from the official silverchair newsletter...)
silverchair singer/guitarist, Daniel Johns, has been completely cleared
of all allegations of harassment which had been brought against him in
a Newcastle Court case.
A woman calling herself "Emily Spencer" had initiated court proceedings
in which she claimed Johns had threatened and harassed her.
Subsequent media reports revealed that the woman's real name was
actually Jodie Ann Marie Barnes.
Today Ms Barnes unequivocally withdrew her allegations in Newcastle
Local Court. Her legal representative, Mr Ron Vercoe, said that the
allegations were "totally untrue" and "unsubstantiated". On behalf of
Ms Barnes Mr Vercoe apologised to the Court and to Mr Johns for the
"trauma" which this case had caused him and his family.
Mr Vercoe said that it was "… the strangest case he had seen in four
decades…" and added that he could not understand how the matter had
been allowed to progress this far. He said that this area of the law
could benefit from reforms to prevent people from bringing such
"fallacious and petty claims" against innocent parties.
As Ms Barnes' claims were completely untrue the withdrawal was not
A spokesman for Daniel Johns pointed out that these groundless charges
had received widespread media coverage including a front page story in
Johns' home town newspaper. "I hope that the media covers the truth of
this matter as prominently as they covered the lies", he said.
Daniel Johns said:
"These completely false charges and the sensationalised media coverage
which they have received in some places have been very upsetting for
myself and my family. I'm glad the truth has finally come out."
- silverchair are on tour for Edgefest right now, and they'll be back in Australia on July 20...
- When Daniel Johns returns home, he'll be in for quite a surprise. According to the Australian Associated Press, a woman named Emily Spencer made a claim on June 28th that Daniel had threatened to kill her with a gun he bought in the US. From Edgefest, Daniel signed a sworn statement that he didn't make any threats to her, and that he didn't even know the woman. Two days after the story was heard by the media, The Newcastle Herald reported that the woman who made the claim was not actually a law student named Emily Spencer, but a roadworks traffic controller named Jodie Anne-Maree Barnes. In the original complaint, "Emily Spencer" said that Daniel had been a friend of her musician boyfrind for several years and became obsessed with her. John Watson, silverchair's manager, told MTV news that "the allegations are groundless, and I'm sure that this will prove to be just another bizarre, false accusation by an obsessd fan." The case was adjourned until July 26th. Whew.
- On June 4th, at the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, silverchair made a performance with (this is unbelievable) THE MOFFATS. Thought you most likely wouldn't want to see the latter live, you can see the performance by silverchair on the net. On July 21st @ 9:30 pm ET, they will be brodcasting the original event at www.hob.com/live/events/990721moffats_silverchair/pre.shtml If you go here before july 21st, you can get a reminder, where they email you a week, 5 days, a day, an hour or 15 minutes before the 'concert' starts.
- More on Daniel Johns. He's recovering from his anorexia problem with therapy and help from his bandmates. While talking to MTV's John Norris about the matter, he revealed all. "When it comes to being a person and living a normal life and actually having a life, I didn't for a year," he said. His depression and paranoia started at the beginning of the Freak Show tour in '97. Once the tour was over, he moved out of his parents house and rented his own house, where he isolated himself for almost 6 months straight at the beginning of '98. "I didn't want to go in public. I had a lot of problems with anxiety and had to take medication, because every time i left the house, I would think people had conspiracies and people were after me and [I thought] I was going to get beaten up." His illness also got worse as time went by. "It got to a stage when it was pretty little," he replied. "When I wrote 'Ana's Song,' when I wrote the actual poem, I was eating, like, I don't know, 2 or 3 pieces of fruit a day...not very much." Unlike all the girls suffering from eating disorders today, Daniel says it had nothing to do with body image. "It was never about my body, because I always...I was always embarrassed about being skinny. Every time, I guess, I felt that my life was out of control and it was kinda out of my hands, I couldn't do anything about it, I guess I took control of food intake, because it was the only thing that no one could really take control of." He knew the disease had taken control of him when his weight was the lowest. "I know that the lightest I was, was like, 50 kg [110 pounds]. When that happened, that was when i saw a doctor and was told to change, or things would get dramatically worse." Even though Ana's Song (open fire) has been released with a video and is already #1 on the Australian Charts, with its lyrics such as , "In my head the flesh seems thicker/ Sandpaper tears corrode the film/ And I need you now somehow...", we'll hope that those thoughts will be erased completely from Daniel's mind.