Learning From The Past and Planning For The Future
HISTORY OF THE INSTITUTE
LINKS What is the Institute?
The Rocky Mountain Region Disaster Mental Health Institute has provided training, workshops and conferences to disaster mental health professionals, first responders, and other mental health professionals since 1998. Some of the conferences and workshops sponsored and presented have included:
- The 1999 Rocky Mountain Region Disaster Mental Health Conference (February 11-14,1999 - University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY) - Conference Proceedings are online at:
Articles by presenters at this conference appear in two special editions of the online journal Traumatologye at:
http://www.fsu.edu/~trauma Volume 5, nos. 2,3.
Well over 180 attendees took part from 21 states, Washington, D.C., and four foreign countries.);
- ICISF Courses in Basic and Advanced CISM (University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY - February, 1999; University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY - November, 2001; Casper, WY - November, 2002);
- Religious Aspects of Domestic Violence (Casper, WY - November, 2002).
The Spring Workshop Series for 2003 presented a series of five workshops in Laramie:
- Religious Aspects of Domestic Violence;
- Crisis Counseling, Trauma, and Response: A Multi-level Approach:
Level One - Crisis Counseling Principles and Practices;
Level Two - Crisis and Trauma Intervention for Professionals;
Level Three - Short and Long Term Intervention for Supervisors;
- Recognizing and Responding to Suicide Risk.
Additional workshops on Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) through ICISF are planned for Fall 2003 in both Laramie and Casper, WY. A Conference on Disaster Mental Health, Trauma and CISM is being planned for 2004.