WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT OUR BOY
VINCE VAUGHN ON BARNEY: "He's the evolutionary
freak." says Vince Vaughn, "
strange to think, Okay, I'm going to work with Steven Spielberg and
Julianne Moore," says Vaughn.
"I've never been one to follow the Academy
Awards that much because it's such an unpredictable thing. It's almost
like betting on horses. But I liked Shine a lot. I fall into a pretty big
category when I say that."
Q: What's the most typically glamorous
Hollywood night you've experienced so far?
VV: I don't like the glamorous nights so
much. I usually leave depressed and I don't
know why. Maybe it's the forced politeness. I
like the local bar with money in the jukebox
and a pretty girl next to me.
Vince, Movieline, Sep 97
To photograph Vince Vaughn for the
Details Cover Story [ Sept 1997],
photographer Herb Ritts took Vince to
an electrical generating station in Redondo
Beach, CA. "I hadn't realized how big
Vince was - he's six foot five - and I
wanted him to have room to move around,
" Ritts says. On the shoot, Vince made one
request: Elvis. "Luckily, we had a
greatest-hits CD," says Ritts, " and as soon
as well put it on, the arms went up and the
hips started gyrating."
Details, September 1997
- "He used to sing "Oh Sheila" at the top of his lungs during gym class. He's a nut." --h.s. classmate
- "He was, in truth, quite possibly the WORST singer I've ever heard. But we were only thirteen at that time -Childhood friend/fellow theater performerA Vaughntastic Accomplishment
- From kindergarten through junior high, fidgety and unfocused Vince Vaughn spent an hour every day in a special class for "problem" students. While he did well in the "verbal subjects" of history and English, the star of "Clay Pigeons" and "Swingers" received "such bad grades I was terrified that I wasn't going to graduate from high school," the actor told The Source. So he ran for senior class president, figuring that if he were commencement speaker, "there was no way they would hold me back." And they didn't.
- Phoenix seems fueled by fear, while Vaughn plows through with confidence. According to Pigeons director David Dobkin, their approaches create a dramatic collision: "Joaquin's got a powerful explosiveness that's going to happen in the first couple of takes. But as Vince gets warmed up, he's like a locomotive ¡X he gets better and better and you can't stop him."
- "For me, the guy who's the coolest is the biggest nerd because he's not interested in being cool, and to me, that's cool. It's the cool guy, who's trying oh-so-hard to be cool, with the moves and everything.... Guys like that, I just think 'Man, just lay it down and take a nap.'" --Clay Pigeons' VINCE VAUGHN, on Entertainment Drive
- "I'm going to punch someone. That would get things rolling out here." --The Lost World star VINCE VAUGHN, waiting to get inside the Vanity Fair fete