An Open Letter to the Love of My Life / Part 2
Remember how nice it is in Mt. Airy? School began today for the staff at HPC, but not for me. I had hernia surgery on Wed the 5th, and I'm on post-surgical leave until next week. A doctor's appointment will tell me if I can return to HPC next week. But for now, Mt. Airy. I never fully enjoyed the town until I discovered it with you, and it hasn't been the same since you left. Still, there is something nice about being able to drive up, and to stroll downtown. I couldn't quite bring myself to go into the consignment shop, though. Below are a few random thoughts as I sit in the sunshine on a warm Tues afternoon, not knowing where you may be, or if you are giving me a thought........
- I think about all the times you would accuse me of one day running off with a little tart.......
- I was so appreciative of our love, and told you over and over.
- I was good to you and to your children. I bought you food when you didn't have the means to get any.
- I got you away from your ex, and moved you, twice.
- The signs were there, I just didn't want to see them....
- I was stunned when you told me that you didn't have feelings for me anymore, then drove away, leaving me standing on the sidewalk.
- As you opened yourself up to him, you knew how much I loved you.
- I cannot understand how you could have said I Do to him, knowing in your heart how much I loved you, and after all that we had.
- The loss is mine, but it is yours, too. Just as no one could ever be you, no one, including him, will ever be me to you. No one else will ever love you the way I do.
- You've moved now, and it's obvious that you have no intentions of keeping in touch, or of me knowing where you are.
- I feel betrayed, hurt and angry. I will always believe that I wasn't good enough for you.
- I don't feel sorry for myself, but I do feel sorry for you, on so very many levels.
- Somewhere, there is someone who would appreciate me.
David Roberson . Com