Wrestling Friday / March 23
WWF.COM is reporting that WWFE Inc announces its purchase of WCW from Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. New programming is expected to air on TNN in the near future. Cross-brand strategies could begin as early as this Mon on WWF Raw and on the "season finale" of WCW Nitro on TNT. With the purchase, WWFE has all rights to WCW trademarks, library, tape, etc. WWFE CEO Linda Mc Mahon is quoted as saying, " this is a dream combination for fans of sports entertainment." Reportedly, the WCW wrestlers with 7-figure salaries would have to renegotiate their contracts. With Mc Mahon now owning the WCW and ECW name, any scenario is possible, including an invasion angle on one or both shows Mon night. Sources say that the WWF did not pick up any wrestlers with guaranteed contracts. There is interest in Ric Flair, Booker T, DD Page and Goldberg, but only after each accepts a buy-out offer from Time Warner. More informaton will be shared with the talent at the scheduled staff meeting on Wed Mar 28 @ 10 AM ET in the Power Plant. For the official announcement, go to WWF . COM.
- Diversity 5 signing in Panama City Beach this weekend as part of WCW Nitro: Season Finale.
- Phil Mushnick from the New York Post called into the Stern show yesterday to confront Vince Mc Mahon. It turned out to be much ado about nothing.
- Les Thatcher on the new To Tell The Truth this past week in a segment called guess the wrestling trainer.
- The XFL is looking to expand, possibly into the DC market, next year.
- ECW's Rhino will wrestle as Rhyno in the WWF.
- Kevin Nash & Hulk HOG-an have turned down invitations to return to WCW for the Season Finale.
- Matches booked thus far for Panama City Beach: S Steiner vs Booker T, S Douglas vs R Steiner and S Stasiak vs Bam Bam Bigelow.
Today's Babe : Diversity 5
Wrestling Thursday / March 22
Wrestling Bodyslam . Com
David Roberson . Com