Wrestling Friday / June 29
- Linda Mc Mahon reported yesterday that the WWFE revenue for the fourth quarter ending April 30 was $ 131.1 million, an increase of 13 % over the previous year.
- Chris Adams turned himself in on Mon to Collin Co, Tx authorities in connection with the charge of manslaughter in the death of a Dallas woman in April, 2000. He was released on $ 25,000 bond.
- Linda Mc Mahon confirmed the following yesterday re. WCW : The WWF will run separate WCW house sows and 3-4 separate ppvs per year, the first one in Oct. There are no plans at this point for a separate WCW TV show.
- Wahoo Mc Daniel is featured in the current issue of Sports Illustrated. Former president George Bush was Mc Daniel's baseball coach.
- Linda Mc Mahon stated yesterday that the WWFE loss on the XFL was $ 46 million.
- Jeffery Scott, VP of operations for Border City Wrestling, has announced that Arn Anderson will appear, but will not wrestle, at the July 14 Wrestlefest 2001 show.
- Chris Benoit's surgery yesterday was successful. It was performed in San Antonio by Dr Lloyd Youngblood. After tests, Benoit opted for extensive surgery, more than a quick fix. He will be out of action for a minimum of 6 months.
- With Benoit out of action, Les Thatcher has announced that the scheduled matchup with Chris Benoit and Wm Regal @ the Pillman memorial will not be held. In related news, Saturn has been added to the Aug 9 lineup.
- Les Thatcher's HWA starts TV soon. The group will tape on Suns in Jeffersonville, Ind. The show will run in Dayton, Cincinatti and Columbus.
- NWA Wildside debuts in Hickory, NC on July 28 @ the NG Armory. NWA Wildside has TV on WHKY, channel 14.
- World Class Extreme Wrestling in Hamlet, NC on Aug 4 features Madd Maxx, Ricky Morton, Buddy Landell & Colt Steele.
- Women of Wrestling has announced a financial restructuring of the company. Ownership is chiefly controlled by Murphy Development, a Real Estate company. Announcer David Mc Lane has resigned from the operational aspects of WOW.
- Tough Enough did a 2.2 rating last night, up 4.8 % from last week. Viewership was especially strong among young women, up 77 %.
- WWF Smackdown scored a very strong 3.7 last night.
Wrestling Thursday / June 28
Wrestling Bodyslam . Com
David Roberson . Com