Wrestling Friday / Jun 1
The Calgary Herald reported in yesterday's editions that Brian Christopher Lawler was detained after he was found to have one-tenth of a gram of marijuana, one-tenth of a gram of methamphetamine and one-half of a gram of cocaine in his possession as he attemptd to cross into Canada. Lawler pleaded guilty, was fined a total of $550. and was freed. Because he paid the fine, he will not have a criminal record.
This directly contradicts what his father, Jerry Lawler, said earlier. According to Lawler, his son was found to be in possession of a
"controlled,dangerous" substance legal in the US, but illegal in Canada.
- Buff Bagwell and Rob Van Dam are confirmed for the New WCW. These two join Booker T, Scott Steiner, Tommy Dreamer and Diamond Dallas Page. The New WCW will have a zero-tolerance policy from its inception.
- Jerry Lawler is claiming that charges against son Brian have been dropped. The WWF maintains that they will not re-hire Grand Master Sexay.
- There is a concern that the WWF may be unable to secure a timeslot for WCW. If so, one of the current WWF shows may be dropped to allow telecast of WCW.
- 1 Wrestling is reporting that Hulk HOG-an and Jimmy Hart have a start-up date of Aug 8 @ Universal Studios.
- The planned ME for WWF KOTR remains Steve Austin vs Chris Jericho.
Wrestling Thursday / May 31
Wrestling Bodyslam . Com
David Roberson . Com