2. If you live near power lines, keep beds at the farthest wall from them.
3. Keep your distance from microwaves and televisions (at least 12 feet).
4. Avoid sending your children to schools that are near power lines.
5. Do not use a stone fireplace.
6. Unnecessary x-rays (perhaps at the densist) should be avoided.
7. Locate air conditioners and other appliances away from areas of highest activity.
8. Turn off all appliances when you aren't using them.
9. Maintain your electrical wiring.
10.Avoid useage of cell phones.
11.Limit time spent on the computer (Go on, now).
(sources: Papp, Leslie,"Power lines linked to leukemia" The Toronto Star June 16, 1999. and a list made by my well-informed mom Nancy Lewis.)
Do you have any solutions to this problem? Post them in my guestbook! I will forward them to the power companies.