This recipe is in metric. Many commercial recipes have the ingredients
measured by weight, a scale is a good investment when making large recipes.
Basic Metric Conversions
Metric Instant Conversions here or here
The first column serves 50, the larger amount serves 250.
|1. Mix sugar with gelatine|
|Liquid from drained blueberries **
|2. Add liquid ingredients; mix well
3. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until gelatin is dissolved.
|4. Dissolve starch in water. Add to syrup; simmer uncovered, stirring constantly until thickened.|
|4.3 kg||Blueberries, frozen, dry pack, thawed and liquid reserved **||21.5 kg||5. Add blueberries; mix well.|
|2.3 kg||plain pastry, 6 pie shells (8 servings per pie)||11.5 kg||6. Line each 23 cm pie plate, 200 g. per plate
7. Spread 1.0 kg. filling into each pie shell.
|150 ml||egg wash||750 ml||8. Brush edges of bottom crust with egg wash.
9. Cover with top crust, 175 g. dough per pie. Seal and brush with egg wash.
10. Cut dough with knife for steam vent.
|30 ml||Sugar||150 ml||11. Sprinkle sugar over each pie.
12. Bake at 180 deg. C. for 45 min. (convection oven about 30 min.) or until golden.
|Portions, cut pies into 8. Fiber 6.51 gr.; Protein 3.35 g.; Fat 15.35 gr; Carbs 55.02 gr; % of calories from fat 38%; Calories 367 per serving.|