just how much of a band geek are you??? well take a peice of paper and take this test...thanks to band geeks united for the test...
1. Do you ever find yourself practicing your instrument even though you really have nothing in need of practice?
C. Sometimes, when I am bored
D. Yes, often
2. When do you usually show up for band?
A. 10 or more minutes late.
B. On time
C. 5 minutes early
D. 15 or more minutes early
3. How many bands do you actively participate in?
A. None, band sucks
B. I play in as many as possible to help mature as a musician
C. 2, I enjoy the extra playing time
D. I dont see the point in playing in more than one.
4. Do you have a name for your instrument?
A. No, why would I name my instrument
B. Yes, of course
C. I dont have an instrument
D. Ummm....whats an instrument
5. Are your friends...
A. Most of my friends are in band a enjoy the experience as much as I do.
B. Some of my friends are in band, but are less enthusiastic.
C. A few of my friends are in band, but most of them are not.
D. I have no friends in band with me, I do not associate my self with them.
6. How many instrument do you play or plan to play?
A. 2, I like the challenge
B. As many as possible, the more the merrier
C. 3, I want to broaden my horizons
D. I dont even like the instrument I play now
7. Do you buy band CDs or other band materials often?
A. No, why bother, I am quitting as soon as possible
B. Yes, anything that could better my skills as a musician
D. No, not really, only when it looks interesting
8. Do you ever wear pieces of your band uniform outside of band?
A. I tried on the bow tie just to figure it out.
B. Yes, I put the whole thing on more than once.
C. I stuffed mine away and refuse to wear it at all.
D. I occasionally wear my cumber bun for no reason.
9. Do you memorize your music?
A. I never look at it, and fake it during rehearsals.
B. Yes, I memorize as much as possible.
C. I only try to learn it, not memorize it.
D. I try but am never able to do so.
10. Are you always attentive and do you always listen to the conductor in band rehearsals?
A. I dont even show up for band rehearsals
B. I try, but cant help it sometimes
C. Of course, I never think of making any distractions.
D. Just cause I show up doesnt mean I pay attention
11. Do you find yourself constantly humming band songs?
A. Sometimes, only the ones I like
B. I dont remember most of them
C. Never!! I hate them all!!
D. Yes, I even hum ones from previous years of band
12. Do you study your music even when you dont have your instrument?
A. No, I dont even look at them in class.
B. Sometimes when I am really bored
C. Only to number my measures
D. Yes, I constantly look at them and hum the rhythms to myself.
13. Do you make illegal copies of your music?
A. No, thats wrong
B. No, I wouldnt want it, I hate band
C. Yes, I make copies so I can play them all the time
D. Only the ones I like
1. A=1 B=0 C=2 D=3 2. A=0 B=1 C=2 D=3 3. A=0 B=3 C=2 D=1 4. A=2 B=3 C=1 D=0 5. A=3 B=2 C=1 D=0 6. A=1 B=3 C=2 D=0 7. A=0 B=3 C=2 D=1
8. A=1 B=3 C=0 D=2 9. A=0 B=3 C=1 D=2 10.A=0 B=2 C=3 D=1 11.A=2 B=1 C=0 D=3 12.A=0 B=2 C=1 D=3 13. A=1 B=0 C=3 D=2
0=Why are you even in band?
1-10=I dont know why you even try
21-30= You are almost there
31-38=You made it! You are a true band geek. Give your self a pat on the back and go practice your instrument.
so now u know and ull never bethe same again...TUN TUN TUNNNNN...hmmm i want a sandwich...