Listen To The Radio!
Music Test's and Games
Quotes ABOUT Music
Write To Bands
Pictures of TV Appearances
Band Facts 1
Band Facts 2
Band Facts 3
Wrestling Music Facts
Born, Based, Raised In
Lots Of Links 1
Lots Of Links 2
Music Zine Links
Official Band Sites
Fansites That I Made
True Music Stories
Funny Band Names
Be A Rockstar!
Send A Music Postcard
Lots Of Fun Music Polls
Music Gifs & Images
Music Buddy Icons
Vote For Me!
Vote For Me Page #2!
Add Your Link!
Contact Form/ Suggestions
Click For ALL My Pages!
Name: Courtney Love |
Birth Name: Love Michelle Harrison
Date: July 9, 1964
Birth Place: San Francisco, California
Occupation: rock singer, actress, producer
Husband/Wife: Kurt Cobain (member of Nirvana; married in 1992; committed suicide 1994), James Moreland (divorced)
Relationship: Edward Norton (actor; dated from 1996 to 1998), Trent Reznor (musician; dated in 1994), Jim Barber
Father: Hank Harrison
Daughter: Frances Bean Cobain
Claim to fame: as Althea Leasure in People vs. Larry Flynt, The (1996)
- Attorneys Love was expected to ask for yet another extension Tuesday in August 2002 in her protracted court dispute with her label, Universal Music Group, who claims Love owes its Geffen Records imprint several more records under her contract.
- The latest salvo comes from former bassist Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl, who have filed a countersuit against her, labeling the Hole singer a greedy prima donna with a waning recording and acting career and accusing her of using her late husband's music to further her own career goals.
- In June 2001, Love successfully blocked the pair from releasing the Nirvana rarity You Know You're Right, which they had recorded with Cobain just before his 1994 suicide. The move chapped Novoselic and Grohl--the other Nirvana members--who planned to release the track as part of a 10th anniversary Nirvana box set, which Love had sought to stop because she was reportedly unhappy with the packaging.
- Her breakthrough role was that of Althea Flynt, the drug-addicted wife of pornography tycoon Larry Flynt in THE PEOPLE VS. LARRY FLYNT (1996) for which she earned a Golden Globe nomination and New York Film Critics Circle award.
- Apparently was a bit of a wild child who occasionally got in trouble with the law, something that later would fuel her stage and screen persona.
- In 1999 brought with it greater authorized screen time for Love, first as one of the leads in the ensemble film 200 CIGARETTES, and then in MAN ON THE MOON, Milos Forman's biopic of the late, legendary comedian Andy Kaufman.
- Fans and critics alike have long joked about it, but now Love's late husband's bandmates want the question answered once and for all: Is Courtney Love crazy?
- Edward Norton saved her life - by getting her off drugs after the death of rocker husband Kurt Cobain.
- Has laughed off reports of a steamy night with Russell Crowe - insisting they just wrote poetry.
- Promised to pump money into America's economy following the terror attacks last week.
- Vancouver homeowner is suing Courtney Love - saying she owes him more than $26,000 in rent.
- Was originally hired to play for the role of Lieutenant Melanie Ballard in GHOSTS OF MARS (2001)
- One time Courtney offered Axl rose a blow job and he reject her.
- Is also a photographer in a magazine.
- What finally broke Hole, the alternative rock band formed by Courtney in 1989, however, was not their album sales or live shows, but rather Courtney Love's relationship with Kurt Cobain, the enigmatic, disaffected frontman of Nirvana, who briefly became the most popular, influential rock band in the U.S. with the release of the 1991 album Nevermind.
- Some songs of her album are really from Kurt Cobain
- When she was 3 years old, her parents left America to live in New Zealand and left little Courtney to live with her mothers friend.
- When she was little she stab a girl in school
- Kurt Cobain and Billy Corgan once fought for her
- After Kurt Cobain died lots of people thought that Courtney was the murderer but they could never prove that
- Her first husband James Moreland was a transvestite.
- She is 5'8
- She has an affair with Russel Crowe
- Best known as the flamboyant and controversial leader of the alternative rock group Hole, and for her marriage to the late leader of the group Nirvana, Kurt Cobain, Courtney Love is also a recognized film actress.
- She will play Lady Macbeth and star opposite Scottish actor Peter Mullan in the Shakespeare drama LADY MACBETH.
- In her website, she has been noting that she's been studying other actresses' interpretations of the character.
- For her role as Lady Macbeth, she said she's ''humbled beyond belief'' to have beaten what she says is a number of Oscar-caliber actresses for the part.
- She'll next be seen on screen in September's thriller TRAPPED opposite Kevin Bacon and Charlize Theron
- Talks between rock star Courtney Love and Universal Music to settle a closely-watched breach of contract case are progressing well and court hearings scheduled for next week could be called off. (August, 2002)
- Irish superstar Bono of the group U2 has been asked to testify for Love, while the band's former bandmembers Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic questioned Courtney's mental stability in court papers filed this year.
"Kurt Cobain was Nirvana. He named the band, hired its members, played guitar, wrote the songs, fronted the band onstage and in interviews and took responsibility for the band's business decisions."
- Courtney Love (Hole)
"If there's any time you should be on drugs it's when you're pregnant cause it sucks."
- Courtney Love (Hole)
"Kurt Cobain makes my heart stop...but he's a shit."
- Courtney Love (Hole)
She won New York Film Critics Circle award for her role in THE PEOPLE VS. LARRY FLYNT (1996).
Courtney Love won BSFC Award in 1996 for Best Supporting Actress for THE PEOPLE VS. LARRY FLYNT and Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture - Drama at Golden Satellite Awards in 1997 for THE PEOPLE VS. LARRY FLYNT
AbsoluteNow: Courtney Love
Endless Summer Night
Sugar Coma: A Courtney Love Site
Courtney Love Home Page