Listen To The Radio!
Music Test's and Games
Quotes ABOUT Music
Write To Bands
Pictures of TV Appearances
Band Facts 1
Band Facts 2
Band Facts 3
Wrestling Music Facts
Born, Based, Raised In
Lots Of Links 1
Lots Of Links 2
Music Zine Links
Official Band Sites
Fansites That I Made
True Music Stories
Funny Band Names
Be A Rockstar!
Send A Music Postcard
Lots Of Fun Music Polls
Music Gifs & Images
Music Buddy Icons
Vote For Me!
Vote For Me Page #2!
Add Your Link!
Contact Form/ Suggestions
Click For ALL My Pages!
Name: Aaliyah |
Birth Name: Aaliyah Dana Haughton
Height: 5' 7"
Date: January 16, 1979
Birth Place: Huntington, New York, USA
Occupation: Actress, singer
Education: Detroit High school of the performing arts (graduated with a 4.0 GPA)
Place of Death: Marsh Harbour, Abaco Island, Bahamas
Death Date: August 25, 2001
Death Cause: Plane crash
Husband/Wife: R. Kelly (musician; married in 1994; that marrige was annulled due to Aaliyah's status as a minor, 15 years old and Kelly was mid 20s)
Father: Michael Haughton
Mother: Diane Haughton
Brother: Rashad Haughton
- Aaliyah's label for its services. (August 2002)
Virgin Records, the late R&B phenom's record label, has apparently reneged on a promise to cover the costs of preparing and shipping the bodies of the singer and eight others back to the United States.
Was nominated for five awards at the second annual Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Awards (2002)
- The pilot behind the controls of the doomed flight that claimed the life of Aaliyah had cocaine and alcohol in his system at the time of the crash.
Aaliyah acquired the world's attention at the young age of 15 when her first single Back and Forth landed #1 on the R&B/Hip-Hop singles chart; dethroning R. Kelly and his track Your Body's Callin'.
(1999) She was chosen as one of Teen People Magazine's 21 Hottest Stars Under 21.
- Aaliyah is Arabic for highest, most exalted one
- She has 3 tattoos: her initial and a star on her hand, a music symbol on her ankle and a dove on her lower back.
- (2000) Voted First Place by the readers of Black Men Magazine for The 10 Sexiest Women of the Year.
Got her big break on the television show Star Search.
- (25 August 2001) She died in a plane crash on a return trip from shooting a music video in the Bahamas. The crash, which happened in Marsh Harbour, located on Abaco Island in the Bahamas, was determined to have been caused by engine failure.
- At the time of her death, she and her boyfriend, Roc-A-Fella co-CEO Damon Dash, had plans to wed.
- At the time of her death, she was scheduled to re loop her dialogue in THE
- QUEEN OF THE DAMNED (2002) and to film the majority of her role for
- THE MATRIX RELOADED (2003) and THE MATRIX REVOLUTION (2003).
- (Jan 2002) The first female artist to have a posthumous number one single in the UK record charts.
- She had a close friendship with producer/musical artist Missy Elliot.
- At Aaliyah's funeral, 22 white doves were released from the steps of the church. One dove for each year of her life.
- Actress/Singer 'Aaliyah' was originally cast in the role of Zee but was killed in a plane crash on 25 August 2001.
- Although many rumors claimed the movie was pulled from straight to video because of Aaliyah's death, the film was scheduled to come out in February of 2002 three weeks before her death.
- She died in a plane crash shortly after principal photography was completed. Michael Rymer called in Aaliyah's brother, 'Haughton, Rashad', to help overdubbing her voice in THE QUEEN OF THE DAMNED (2002) following her death.
- When Trish dumps her bodyguard at the record store and hides in the cab, the bodyguard comes out and yells, Trish! I'm gonna find your Aaliyah-lookin' ass! The character Trish in ROMEO MUST DIE (2000) is played by singer Aaliyah.
- Grammy nominee in 2000
- Appeared on star search at age 11
- So far she has won two American Music Awards
- Aaliyah's 'claims to fame' include a Grammy nominated single for the Disney film Anastacia as well as 2 MTV Movie Awards for the film ROMEO MUST DIE
- Her self-titled album hit #1 on the Billboard 200.
- Her achievement was her first CD
- Aaliyah's third and final album was called her best work; Rolling Stone gave it four stars and on Behind the Music, editor of TIME magazine said
- Graduated from the Detroit School Of Arts with 4.0 g.p.a
- She was a great singer and a role model to all people all around.
- She majored in dance.
- Starred as Queen Akasha in 2002s THE QUEEN OF THE DAMNED.
- Won role as Trish O'Day in ROMEO MUST DIE.
- Modeled for Tommy Hilfiger clothing.
- Sang with Gladys Knight on stage at age of 11.
- She was Homecoming and Prom Queen her senior year.
- Graduated with a 3.8 from high school.
- Wanted to make a song together with Janet Jackson.
- Aaliyah's first soundtrack song was from the movie ANASTACIA.
- Aaliyah's middle name is Dana not Dani.
- She was only 15 when she released Age Ain't Nothing But a Number.
- Her biggest single was Try Again.
- She's good at acting.
- Aaliyah's self titled album hit #1 after her death, in the country.
- Become a children's doctor in the E.R.
- Aaliyah's third album, Aaliyah, is dedicated to the memory of her grandmother, Mintis L. Hicks Hankerson.
- Her tattoo on her lower back is a dove representing her grandmother whom past away.
- Her career started at age 15.
- R&B singer R.Kelly discovered her at age 12.
- Aaliyah's pug's name is Tour.
- Completed filming of ANNE RICE'S.
- Aaliyah's brother(Rashad Haughton) will finish the rest of THE MATRIX sequels due to their identical looks and personality.
- Attended a Catholic school in Detroit.
- Aaliyah's real name is Aeliyatt.
- Her middle name is Dana NOT Dani.
- She was Puff Daddy's old girlfriend.
- Her favorite stuffed animal was named Lina because it's the one her grandmother gave to her.
- On star search at the age of ten.
- Born in Brooklyn, New York 1979.
- AT age 9 Aaliyah sang My Funny Valentine on star search, in dedication to her mom Diane.
- Aaliyah's first kiss was a disaster because she threw up in the guy's mouth!
- Her favorite color is pink.
- Drives a red viper.
- Wears a size 6 shoe.
- Her nick name is babygirl.
- She is a Capricorn.
- Age 6, she played a part in ANNIE
- Had went to Las Vegas to go sing with her aunt she was only 11.
- Was very close to her grandmother.
- Played in a school production of ANNIE
- In 1989, Aaliyah auditioned for FAMILY MATTERS.
- She would sing bathroom with a brush
- Aaliyah was 5'3
- Favorite breakfast was french toast, waffles and pancakes
- Favorite films were ANY GIVEN SUNDAY and SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE
- Has a pet boa, her cousin bought it and her mom keeps it
- Her grandmother died of breast cancer.
- Also has the double platinum selling One In A Million album as well as a production credit on the five times platinum ROMEO MUST DIE soundtrack, and has the #1 album in the U.S in 2001.
- Aaliyah also has the single Try Again which has been certified platinum in Australia alone.
- Was only 15 when Back & Forth came out.
- Her best friend was Kidada Jones.
- She was married to Marcus Brown.
- She is the youngest child.
- Has weave in her hair.
- Favorite Athlete team, Giants.
- Favorite color Black, Red, and White.
- Nic names Li Li, Baby Girl, Liyah.
- Started noticing she could sing at 6.
- Had a teddy bear named Lina.
- Would've liked to have children some day.
- Favorite basketball team: Chicago Bulls
- Favorite jewelry: silver
- She is 8 years younger than Damon Dash
- Her favorite singer is Sade
- Aaliyah's brother is Rashad, her parents are Michael and Diane Haughton
- Aaliyah is 25% Indian; her grandmother was full blood Indian
Although she was an adult she still relied on the approval and opinion of her mother Diane and brother Rashad
- Her mom was her friend
- Aaliyah favorite song on the Aaliyah CD was I Care For You.
- Favorite junk food is doritos.
- Favorite author is Stephen King.
- Favorite movie is SILENCE OF THE LAMBS (#1.)
- Aaliyah has 2 tattoos.
- Favorite drinks are surge and pepsi
- Had a new tattoo on her stomach.
- A few days before her death aaliyah told her mother she was having frequent dreams about flying in a dark place all alone, and crashing down to her death
- Aliyah has a love for doves
- She loved vanilla ice cream
- Her dress size was 4
- She was addicted to kozmo.com
- Actually, Aaliyah had 3 tattoos: A dove on her lower back, a music note on her ankle, and her initials and a star on her hand.
- Aaliyah only wore clothes that she knew her mom would like such as shorts. She never wore them cause her mom didn't like her to expose her body
- Had a major thing for sweets.
- Had two vipers, a black and a red one.
- Likes to collect sunglasses and stuffed animals, and also has a black out light in her apartment.
- Was 118 pounds 36 25 36
- Had 2 pets, one snake named Boots and a pet pug named Tour.
- Her grandmother gave her an orangutan.
- Aaliyah wore contacts instead of glasses.
- Her birthday is a day after Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s
- Her favorite animal is horses.
- Aaliyah loved horror films.
- Aaliyah got a nose job.
- Her favorite track on her last album was the unreleased track.
- At an autograph signing in Texas, a fan fainted when Aaliyah kissed him on the cheek.
- Her favorite place to eat was Roscos Chicken and Waffles.
- Had a pillow named Wilson.
- Had a personal trainer to keep in shape and gave up cheese and pork.
- Thinks martial arts and men who can fight are sexy.
- Went to her high school prom in lace white pants.
- She said she loved her career and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world
- What makes her happy is receiving a plaque of knowing that her fans went out and bought her albums.
- She took her stuffed animal Lina that her grandmother gave to her everywhere with her
- Her favorite girl group was En Vogue.
- She was a David Hasselhoff fan.
- One of her favorite shows as a child was KNIGHT RIDER which starred David Hasselhoff
- She loved beautious but simple things.
- She wants her legacy to live on"
"It is dark in my favorite dream. Someone is following me. I don't know why. I'm scared. Then suddenly I lift off. Far away. How do I feel? As if I am swimming in the air. Free. Weightless. Nobody can reach me. Nobody can touch me. It's a wonderful feeling."
- Aaliyah (interview in July 2001 with Germany's Die Zeit newspaper that eerily predicts Aaliyah's death)
"It's hard to say what I want my legacy to be when I'm long gone."
"(Her advice for aspiring artists) Keep working hard and you can get anything that you want. If God gave you the talent, you should go for it. But don't think it's going to be easy. It's hard!"
"Everything is worth it. The hard work, the times when you're tired, the times where you're a bit sad... In the end, it's all worth it because it really makes me happy. There's nothing better than loving what you do."
"If you put your mind to it you can be anything."
"The one I gave my heart to is my favorite song."
"Always be true to yourself."
In 2000, Aaliyah won two MTV Movie awards for Try Again.
In 2000, she won the MTV Award for Best Video
She won posthumous awards at the American Music Awards 2002, and nominated for Grammy Awards as well.
United Aaliyah Fans 4 Ever
Aaliyah - Beats 4 Da Streets
Aaliyah Rest In Peace