Dumbleton VA hospital

The village of Dumbleton, between Cheltenham and Evesham, is now technically in Worcestershire. Before the county boundaries were changed it was in Gloucestershire, and in 1915 it gave its village hall (which still serves as a village hall today) to supplement the Cheltenham VA hospitals. Gloucestershire Red Cross Hospitals 1914-1919
Dumbleton VA hospital, 1915
 
DUMBLETON V.A. HOSPITAL
GLOS. 34


final report from The Red Cross in Gloucestershire 1914-19
 

Date of opening—May 6th 1915

No. of beds

Admissions since opening to Nov 30th 1918

Deaths


Average number of resident patients daily

Average number of days each patient was resident

 

30

667

0

1915
22.72

45

 

 

 

 

1916
23.07

40

 

 

 

 

1917
20.96

44

 

 

 

 

1918
23.87

37

OFFICERS

Commandant: Mrs Pyke-Nott

Medical Officers: Dr W. Cox, Dr G. Cox

Lady Superintendent: Miss Tweed

Quartermaster: Miss Furley

Hon. Treasurer: Mr J. Pyke-Nott

This Hospital, used as an annex to the Cheltenham Group of Hospitals, was accommodated in the Village Hall, kindly lent for the purpose.

 

Ward at Dumbleton VA hospital
Dumbleton village hall becomes a hospital ward. Photographed in 1915.
Gloucestershire Red Cross Hospitals 1914-1919