1502 La Playa Ave.
San Diego, CA 92109
Award-winning Director/Designer who blends outstanding knowledge of branding, target marketing, project management, people and technology skills. Credited with creating design concepts and approaches that support and advance business goals.
WNET/13 - Eleven NAEB Awards. SCHOLASTIC, INC. - One Print Annual Award, Two Creativity Awards, Seven Edpress Awards, Two Ozzie Silver/Magazine Awards, Five Desi USA Awards, One Society of Publication Designers Award. CHANEL, INC. - Two PIA Awards.
EVANS HOTELS, San Diego, CA 2001-2003 Director of Advertising
Enhanced visibility through target-audience national and regional advertising and direct mail venues for 4 hospitality resorts, 2 entertainment Boats, a Specialty Property, a night club, 5 restaurants and a Spa. Markets addressed were Leisure, Meetings, Catering, Restaurants, Entertainment, Golf, Spa.
• Brand development for the launch of a Leading Hotel of the World, 5-Diamond Resort.
• Direct and design, schedule and traffic creative; media planning and buying.
• Supervise and organize photoshoots, color correction, pressruns, assist copywriting.
• Developed style sheets for each resort outlining fonts, colors, visuals and copy.
• Research, implement, and develop unique design venues and concepts in various media to attract new target audiences with minimal spending.
• Develop an accessible online schedule that assured deadline compliance.
• Achieve significant savings of $80,000./yr. and more through negotiations.
• Outlined and managed budgets over $1,000,000.
CHANEL, INC., New York, NY 1988-1999 Art Director/Graphic Designer
Design, produce and direct staff, freelancers, photographers, illustrators and vendors in the creation of marketing and national advertising material including mailers, catalogs, brochures, posters, in-store collateral, packaging, inserts, electronic billboards, etc. Ensure adherence to corporate look in the representation of all material.
• Design concept to attract younger audience while maintaining traditional customers.
• Contribute to increased sales by enhancing potential buyers understanding of products.
• Achieve significant savings in product shoots.
• Increase product demand and sales through sampling promotion.
• Implement ways to attend to in-store customer needs in the design of marketing materials.
• Supervise and coordinate major product launches.
• Direct graphics team in the development of layout with understanding of project purpose and product identity.
• Color corrections, pressruns, photoshoots, outside vendor negotiations and relations.
SCHOLASTIC, INC., New York, NY 1984-1988 Art Director
Design/production and direct/supervise the work of staff and freelancers for monthly and bimonthly publications: Art&Man, Forecast, Co-Ed, Scope, Voice.
• Conceive and create distinctive look for launch of new print magazines.
• Re-design and re-format and produce three monthly publications to make them more current.
• Supervise and teach entry-level designers.
• Serve as liaison among editor, illustrator and designers on magazines.
ADDITIONAL WORK HISTORY Freelance graphic designer, 1978-PRESENT
Project design, corporate ID and brand development, logos, brochures, annual and quarterly reports, billboard, advertisements, magazines and “advertorials”, CDs, tapes, mailers, posters, newsletters, campaign presentations, promotional packages for programs inclusive of on-air slides for PBS.
Quark, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Flightcheck, After Effects, Soundtrack, Final Cut Pro, Excel, Calcium, Cumulus, HTML, Image Ready, Dreamweaver, Certificate of Macintosh Technical Accomplishment.