Rantings, Songs, and Poetry:
- I am in love with this world. I have climbed its mountains, roamed its forests, sailed its waters, crossed its deserts, felt the sting of its frosts, the oppression of its heats, the drench of its rains, the fury of its winds, and always have beauty and joy waited upon my goings and comings.
- We are sitting on a platue, there ar many ways down from here, many paths that could be taken..You and I are standing on the top of it wondering which path to take. We can see that they all lead different directions and even see where some of them go, But the places that we are really interested in reaching...The paths that lead that way are tangled and confusing.
- ...There they stood, ranged along the hillsides, met To view the last of me, a living frame For one more picture! in a sheet of flame I saw them and I knew them all. And yet Dauntless the slug-horn to my lips I set And blew. "Childe Roland to the Dark Tower came"
- ...The latest dream I ever dreamed On the cold hillside. I saw pale kings, and princes too, Pale warriors, death pale were they all Who cried--"La Belle Dame Sans Merci Hath thee in her thrall!" "La Belle Dame Sans Merci" John Keats
- "Love is like quicksilver in the hand. Leave the fingers open and it stays. Clutch it, and it darts away. " Dorothy Parker
- In "Soul Prints," Marc Gafni says, "We have lost sight of the truth of our elemental loneliness because we cover the aloneness of our being with the illusion of having, attempting to smother our aloneness with things. Sometimes I wonder whether we Westerners are not more accurately described as 'human havings' than human beings. Having becomes a way to avoid being. We have become Grand Acquisitors, oppressed by our own desperate need 'to have.'
- I will follow the white mans trail. I will make him my freind, but I will not bend my back to his burdens. I will be cunning as a coyote. I will ask him to help me understand his ways,then I will prepare the way for my children.maybe they will be able to outrun the white man in his own shoes.
- Now that I have found you In the coolth of your evening smile The shade of your parasol, And your love flows through me, Though I drink at your pool I burn for you, I burn for - Sting