1. WHOLENESS. All things are interrelated. Everything in the universe
is part of a single whole. Everything is connected in some way to
everything else. It is only possible to understand something if we
understand how it is connected to everything else.
2. CHANGE. Everything is in a state of constant change. One season
falls upon the other. People are born, live, and die. All things
change. There are two kinds of change. The coming together of things
I and the coming apart of things. Both kinds of change are necessary
and are always connected to each other.
3. CHANGE OCCURS IN CYCLES OR PATTERNS. They are not random or
accidental. If we cannot see how a particular change is connected, it
usually means that our standpoint is affecting our perception.
4. THE PHYSICAL WORLD IS REAL. THE SPIRITUAL WORLD IS REAL. They are two aspects of one reality. There are separate laws which govern
each. Breaking of a spiritual principle will affect the physical
world and visa versa. A balanced life is one that honors both.
s. PEOPLE ARE PHYSICAL AND SPIRITUAL BEINGS.
6. PEOPLE CAN ACQUIRE NEW GIFTS, BUT THEY MUST STRUGGLE TO DO SO. The process of developing new personal qualities may be called "true
7. THERE ARE FOUR DIMENSIONS OF TRUE LEARNING. A person learns in a whole and balanced manner when the mental, spiritual, physical, and
emotional dimensions are involved in the process.
8. THE SPIRITUAL DIMENSION OF HUMAN DEVELOPMENT HAS FOUR RELATED CAPACITIES:
* the capacity to have and to respond to dreams, visions,
ideals, spiritual teachings, goals and theories.
* the capacity to accept these as a reflection of our unknown
or unrealized potential.
* the capacity to express these using symbols in speech, art
* the capacity to use this symbolic expression towards action
directed at making the possible a reality.
9. PEOPLE MUST ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF THEIR OWN POTENTIAL.
10. A PERSON MUST DECIDE TO DEVELOP THEIR OWN POTENTIAL. The path will always be there for those who decide to travel it.
11. ANY PERSON WHO SETS OUT ON A JOURNEY OF SELF-DEVELOPMENT WILL BE AIDED
. Guides, teachers, and protectors will assist the traveler.
12. THE ONLY SOURCE OF FAILURE IS A PERSON'S OWN FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE TEACHINGS.