The Nine Worlds
- The abode of the Aesir and the Vanir after the
two tribes were at peace.
- The abode of humans. It means middle earth or
- The abode of the Vanir before the peace.
- The abode of the light elfs and their ruler,
- A region of cold. Hel's realm is here (in some
- The land of the dead. The way to this realm
was through the land of the mountain giants. The connection between this and
Niflheim is confusing. Hel is also the goddess of the underworld.
- The abode of the Jotuns -- giants.
- A region of fire. The fire giants -- sons of
muspel -- live here, ruled by Surt.
- The abode of the dark elves -- dwarves. It is
- The abode of the dwarves. I don't see how this
differs from Svartalfheim since the dwarves and the dark elves are one and